Service Needed

You know instead of pm’ing mike you could’ve actually called the shop… Just saying

if I could ditch the $140 a mo phone lines and shitty DSL i would! lol But yeah, phone is always avail, I just have to keep up on the VM’s. its like a catch 23 situation.

Please explain to me why the water wetter with 50/50…

water wetter is to achieve cooler water temps, 50% glycol is there to avoid freezing. So please explain this to me again…

You can put unobtanium coolant into a car for all I care, even if it was magic and could remove 90% of the heat… it doesnt matter.

Cars have operating ranges for coolant. Where the car will tune itself around. IE right in the “normal” range, right around when the thermostat opens and closes while driving, to maintain that optimal temp. Infact most cars get pissy if the thermostat is stuck open and it runs too cold. Most ecus get pissed off and mess with the fuel mixture. It can kill cats, and do other damage.

So its all about the thermostat. Only thing this magic coolant will do is make it take potentially longer to get up to temp.

WW is more for motorcycles, ATV’s, Sleds, ect. Where there isnt a thermostat in the coolant system. Where it can be as “cool” as it can be. BUT, most new bikes and what not are EFI and have coolant temp sensors again.

I concur that adding water wetter to a stock vehicle with an unmodified cooling system is like shoveling a sidewalk with a front end loader.

Change your own fluids or write a check …stop being a whiny bitch.

Edit: The borax info is the only thing useful in the last 3 pages. Thanks!

4x4 service is easy to do it yourself, but the Dealer transmission service is nice because its not a drain and fill its a 100% pressure fed fluid exchange. Just food for thought…

As long as the coolant is good it won’t corrode , glycol doesn’t only prevent freezing as it also raises the boiling point of the water . Plain water alone in a alum system is a recipe for corrosion and that’s y water wetter is designed for . Not for glycol systems and it only caught on due to retards reading the internet to much . Don’t listen to the guys that do it all day …not everything on the internet is true …bonjour

yo Ilya put poop in the radiator it’ll insulate better against the sub-zero temps

No its eggs. Ask Mythbusters.

Eggs are for sealing leaks not insulating that’s what the feces are for

Well shit.

Welcome back.

I tell ya what, with the weather we had the last few days, having super science coolant sure would suck! lol Even with the thermostat closed on my saab most of the time on the thruway it was just under the temp to open… if I slowed down or stopped for a min it would open up the temp gauge would sink like a stone the moment I took back off, started pumping more water and 60mph -10 deg air hit the rad! The the thermo would close back up and steady back off.

The age old story of, if its not a damn race car, leave it alone.

Eric @ CRC /thread.