Sewer cleaning question.

Lately, when I run the washing machine, the floor drain will overflow in the basement.

Usually what happens is the floor drain gets backed up and won’t drain. I rent a mini rooter at home depot, and run it down the drain in front of the house, and that fixes the problem for about a year.

Should I also be running the rooter down the floor drain itself, or down the clean out for the main stack instead.

Wouldn’t hurt, but if you fix it by running it out the front drain I think your problem is there. Any trees in the front of the house that the roots could be getting into the drain? That’s what my problem is.

How long was the roto-rooter? I have a 50’ one and it won’t even come close to reaching the street. To do it properly you need one long enough to go all the way out to the middle of the street. 100’ is probably what you need depending on where in your basement the line is going from.

I rented the 75 foot mini rooter from home depot for 45 bucks.

Pulled up several tampons with strings. Had to give the tenant a good talking to about what not to flush down the toilet. Running a rooter outside in the pouring rain is a lot of fun when your basement is filling up with sewer water. Everything is OK now.

Are you in west seneca if not and your in the city call the complaint line for the BSA and they will come clear it.