Shifter doesnt want to shift

I used to have this problem with reverse where the tranny didn’t want to go in. I either had to pull on it really hard or fiddle with the clutch a bit. That wasnt so bad since it was just reverse but now it does it with my forward gears too, mostly 1st and 3rd. It’s better when i double clutch or match revs but sometimes it just doesn’t go into gear. Can I fix this with something simple like replacing the shifter bushing or if my tranny slowly killing itself?

try flushing the tranny fluid and filling some redline mt90

Push in the clutch and you should be able to shift into any gear you want.

check clutch pedal adjustment, maybe its not fully disengaging

if its fine, flush transmission and replace with good fluid like redline and do the same with your clutch. there could be air in the clutch line meaning it wont fully disengage when you push the pedal

i dont know alot about that stuff, thats all i can suggest sorry :slight_smile:

Thanks, it doesn’t grind into gear like it does if the clutch isn’t in, just wont go it. So I didn’t think it would be clutch related. I’ll look into it though.

Why the hell didn’t anyone tell me this sooner?

how old is the clutch? how old is the clutch master clylinder? anytime you have to
match revs or double clutch it is usually cultch related.

peace

edit: does the car pop out of gear at anytime?

No idea and no idea. There is no poppage present.

It didn’t do it at all today for some reason. This car likes to fix itself. this is the second time a random problem has gone away on its own.

Sounds like air in the clutch lines to me. Your clutch master or slave may be on its way out.