Shifting Problem in my 4-Banger...

It’s funny you mention that because it was working a little bit better today… not the greatest but it was a little better. It’s a little bit warmer today and dryer (it’s finally not raining!). Who knows… Monday bring the details.

I told him it was warmer today too… but it doesn’t make that big of a difference.

why don’t you get a loaner?

Cause NorthTown doesn’t have loaners… lol. I’ve tried that before.

Also Jack… nice new addition to you sig.

i had it before you joined… but it was too big. now its all good again

Very nice… I remember seeing you trying to take frames out to make it smaller.

I’m going to have to make a sweet picture for my sig someday soon.

oh… and ya… can you believe Northtown doens’t do loaners… it’s :hay:

shouldnt take long to diagnose, so have them shuttle your ass to and from work.

They are going to shuttle me… hopefully they can fix it before I get out of work… would be nice to not have to really worry about it since I’d be here.

during the shuttle ride grab the wheel out of the guys hand into a ditch, and then sue.

:word:

take a lortab and relax there junior. I was trying to help.

I’m relaxed… besides. From someone else I was talking to a clutch cable can’t be stretched… and it should be fine to start putting my foot back onto the gas just as I’m finishing releasing the clutch… therefore much smoother than letting off the clutch completely first. But thanks for the help… like I said… any help is much appreciated.

Alright here’s an update as of right now. I just got off the phone with Northtown. They guy says what it looks to be is the clutch cable, so it should be coveredunder warrenty. :tup: He didn’t have any specifics, he was really busy and that’s all the mechanic really told him. Now I’m just waiting to hear from him when they are done fixing it so they can get me back there to pick up my car. I will update you guys on the specifics when I find them out when I go get my car.

good deal.

i bet they are ful of shit though.

In what respect?

clutch cable. They shouold have replaced it when they did the tranny the first time.

they probably fucked somethign up last time, and they didn’t want to admit it.

Of coourse not doing the clutch cable the first time would be their fault too :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree. As long as it’s covered by the warrenty (which the guy did mention when I brought up prices) and it is fixed then I’m a happy camper.:slight_smile:

UPDATE I went and picked up my car. It turns out that the Clutch Cable was stretched. The guy had said that it looked as if someone was “tinkering” with it. When I told him that no one has touched it unless it was when my tranny was replaced when I brought it here before. He mentioned that sine that I only had 7,000 or so miles on the car that couldn’t have been it because it would have shown up sooner. He then went on to say that maybe it could haev been when I last got my oil change that they could have tried tightening it for whatever reason.

Either way, it got replaced with a brand new clutch cable and it didn’t cost me a penny! Thank god for that great long warrenty!:headbang: