This can NOT be good, Little help please!!

Racing the car last night, on the 2-3 shift I missed it so i just let it coast in fustration (all the way ot a 17.6 :slight_smile: lol) but after that i tried to put it in gear and there was nothing. only gear i had was 5th and it wouldn’t go into Reverse, 4th or 3rd, but it wouldn’t even go over towards 1st and 2nd, i’m really not to sure what it is, i mentioned this to a friend and he though shifter fork, another friend thought clutch, i dunno, any help is appriciated.

Thanks,
               Fitzy

p.s: what is the USDM cross reference on a shifter fork for a SR20DET?

17.6? :hsugh:

I was gonna say clutch until you mentioned not being able to go in those gears.

Definietly somethign inside the tranny such as the shifter fork.

Unless youc an resolve it soon, you will have to remove the tranny and
see what’s up or get a shop to diagnose it.

It may the pressure plate, I know a guy who couldn’t shift into any gear and it ended up being that.

ahahah yeah 17.6 after running 14.8’s all night long on street trim :slight_smile:

it’s sitting at the mechanic’s now, had a fun time flat bedding it here lol, fiberglass bumper survived though lol.

How much work is a shifter fork and would a KA24D or KA24DE shifter fork fit a SR20DET tranny???

As far as i can tell i still get 5th, shifts in and engages, then bogs out :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds like Gtech numbers.

Which are ALWAYS wrong.

F’ Gtech, Raceway Park, Oyster Bed Bridge, Prince Edward Island, Canada

Shifter fork, what parts will i need, can i pull them off a KA tranny?? (I have a SR) I have a KA tranny with 100kms sitting in my garage :slight_smile: and one in my parts car with 296kms on it. I think i’m gonna blow the parts car up tonight, then i’ll feel a little happier.

Swap Bellhousings and Install the KA Tranny on the SR.

Don’t bother messing with the guts.

I didnt read much of the thread, but from what i understand is it will not let u put the shifter in gear??? if thats the case, i had the same problem…came off the highway, went to downshift to 4th, couldnt get it in gear, changed the slave, master, bled it etc… dropped the tranny and saw 2 tension springs from the clutch disc snapped off.

new clutch.

5th works, and it won’t move to the left in neutral, so can’t even try 1st or 2nd, probably not the clutch…

funny thing mine did that well cops were waiting for me to pull out. my freind pushed me back outa the parking spot. i only had 2nd 3rd 4th 5th and no reverse. turns out my shift boot some how tightend up to much and wouldn’t go into 1st. even know all the other gears where hard too.
another thing id check it your clutch master. mines not leaking anywhere but im lossing fuild somehow?

Sounds like the shifter forks to me… probably just popped one out of alignment. If the tranny does need a new fork the KA tranny ones will work np.

it’s stuff like that i like to hear, tranny goes to tranny shop in the am, not going to make Sport Compact Nights on saturday though :frowning: