shipping from the UK to here....

ayone on here able to help me out? christ…
so im trying to get some :snky: from the UK, i got a guy with all my parts all boxed up ready to go and whatnot, but he was having trouble getting them picked up because everytime they showed up they tried to tell him he owed an extra $150 because “its bigger than you quoted online” which is bullshit. so he asked me to try from my end. and here is what i came up with.

UPS is the cheapest(via online quote) so i called to set it up…but i am not aloud to schedule a pickup in the UK from here, it has to be scheduled IN the UK, only way i can pay for it is if the guy over there schedules the pickup and cahrges it to a UPS account which i would have to signup for.

so that was crappy.

called DHL
they told me absolutely they could do that…
for $488 me=lol in their face and hangup

Called FedEx
they could also do it, but i would have to get the number for the UK fedex to set up the pickup, and the “economy” is $230…more than i wanted to pay, but i guess i can swing that if i have to. the normal was also in the upper $400 range like DHL.

the forum that i communicate with the guy on is down until sunday night, so i cannot contact him to get his thoughts. wtf anyone know any other shipping companies or have some type of string they can pull?

o yea, if it matters its one box 69"long x 15" wide x 9" tall 45lbs.

you are going to get raped no matter what company you go through. That is classified as oversize, plus the fact it is going in a plane, and is international.

45 pounds owns in the shipping… expect to pay that much i had to freakin pay 75 bucks to get breaks shipped here from cali and it was the wrong order.

well, i cant help u out cuz im in deep shit at my work right now (dont ask), but i have a stupid question…why cant the guy just take the stuff to UPS and drop it off? or dont they do that shit over there?

I smell RS parts.

im going to assume the guy is trying to scam UPS by saying the package is smaller then it really is to save money, but UPS isnt about to lose $150.

hmmm…let me do a little researching at work tonight. there MAY be a way i can make this work for you. i’ll have to go dust off the stacks to “UPS Users and Employees Manuals” that every1 is supposed to read, but no1 does lol.

^ dude that would be sweet. i would GREATLY appreciate it, i have until sunday to come up with an idea, where i will also ask him if its possible to take it to the local UPS or whatever if it exists over there. and JaysgreenLX…close but no cigar, go one model down and you got it, plus its only cosmetic parts…yes the bodykit is getting put to the wayside.

bump, find anything mike?

if he can’t I can check into it on monday at work. 45# is nothing. I ship out boxes at 110+ daily through ups, and they are never more than $60 nationally, $100 canada. I have only ever shipped to the UK once, and it was a medium sized box so not really comparable here.

If all else fails, i have a UPS account #, can arrange the pickup, and you can just pay my boss. That would be the cheapest route i would assume!

dude that would roxor! if you could check into it that would be AMAZING, and i would greatly appreciate it. i will be your food slave for the BBQ lol

Try looking up Pilot Freight or Pilot Air forget what its exactly called, they will hook it up :tup:

RS euro kit nick??? lol

ST 170 body parts? i like em, but i still prefer the SVT body over them.

^ding ding ding!
i LOVE the euro st170, not necisarily as stock but with a lip kif from rieger it looks amazing. im getting the st170 front bumper, front upper grill, 98-01 stock rear bumper, stock rear fogs, and stock focus front fogs for the euro front bumper(guy couldnt get the st170 fogs for a decent price anywhere)

http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/images/rieger022.jpg

bump for tpgsr possible savior-ness

were shaving the headlight squirters right ?

the bumper i got has no squirters :wiggle:

uh yup

i think i like the ST170 body > SVT

besides, like SVTs are rare or something :roll:

wow, that looks good

<— is done humping your leg now

wait

okay

anything mike and mike? lol