SHOPS THAT DO VG30DETT SWAPS???

Hi guys! I was wondering if any one could list some shops that have done VG30DETT swaps. I currently have a 1990 300zx 2+2 NA and in the future want to do a TT swap… so just want to find shops that have already done it or actually specialize in it…so i can find prices.

I searched and didnt find…so if there is a thread on this already…sorry…and if u could just link it to here

Thanks!!

Hi, we can help; we specialize in Nissan’s (Skylines) and are doing a 300ZX TT motor build up over the winter…

We’ve serviced many Fairlady’s (300zx TT) in the past…

Contact mitch@onijdm.com

Thanks!
Mitch

Vuk at absolute motorsport specializes in 300zx’s

http://www.amszstore.com/aboutus.html

Pushing Vuk again Angelica?

The swap wasn’t difficult. With the front clip to take spare parts from, it was a sinch.
If you’re interested in saving a few dollars with someone that loves these cars and is doing a swap on his own, go to Bountywolf (member on this board)
I’m sure if you pick a nice warm month or heated garage you can grab him for a good price. If you get him to do the swap I may come along (I’ve been through the NA->TT swap on my car)

just saying what sumone else would have said n e ways

How difficult is it do on a scale from 1 to 10. 10 being the hardest. My friend is currently doing a supra. Just wondering if he could do that it wouldnt be much different? on the difficulty level.

Not difficult; you’re just limited in space with a 300zx… :wink:

Like Mitch said (JDM Imports -> OniJDM) the hardest part is space.
The 300ZX TT engine has an inch of space around the perimeter of the engine in the engine bay. Once you get all the intake hoses and everything off it gets really easy. It’s just like any other swap.

Some people say you can strap the intake plenum with lots of nylon to pick up the engine but I actually made parts like what Nissan sells called the Skilets. It makes things a lot easier and safer in my opinion.

The Supra is nothing like the 300 in space but the guidelines minus one important detail is the same between the two. I noticed you have to pull the crossmember to get the oilpan free of the bay in the 300 where this is not necessary in most other cars.

There is no real scale that I can offer to you. It is all based on your experience level with swaps. Realistically if he’s done a Supra, then he can do a 300. Just tell him to remember to unbolt and lower the crossmember.