Shore fishing 2011

here is another fishing thread!

Any hot shore fishing spots this year in the buffalo, grand island, niagara area? Any helpful suggestions would be much appreciated!

A lot of people fish at Artpark but the current is a little nuts.

OP what do you like to fish for? I like to fish in the canal for carp because they put up a hell of a fight and if you know what your doing you can catch a bunch. You can also catch a lot of bass and pike in the right spots. Ellicot creek will have a lot of small pike running if you go 2hrs before dark or early morning. I like to start at the blvd and walk towards tonawanda and use thunder stick or any 4" jerk baits gold and silver work best. If you want to catch some big channel cats go to the canal when it starts to get dark and use raw shrimp on a sinker they love it! I won’t eat anything so i just try to catch the biggest fish for the fight and if you catch a 25+ pound carp hold on they will run and snap poles hehe…

great info! So u suggest walking west from NFBLVD along the creek? If the rain holds I think I am gonna try my luck this evening

Yes you can walk in the park or on the road side just park across the street from sunoco. I have the best luck by the walking bridge where your gonna park. When you walk up pass the bridge and start there. I haven’t been there this year yet but they should be coming through now. Good luck…

Hey thanks. If I go tonight I will post up some results!!

Its all gonna depend on how muddy the water is but i have fished there when it was pretty bad and still caught fish just stick with shiny stuff. If using the jerk bait like i said cast it hard let it splash and let it sit for a few seconds and give it a twitch… They will come when they hear it and just do jerks and pause… They will hit it before you move it or 9 times out of 10 its gonna be right at shore and scare the hell out of you lol… So don’t pull it out of the water right away cause they will follow it to shore. The figure 8 works good also just like for musky!

Bass from earlier at Ellicott creek
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r50/bobee77/th_240814_1684637925000_1509186589_31343238_2318795_o.jpg

Wow! What were you using for bait/lure?

You guys think the creek will be too high and murky for some action tonight?

I also do the jerk and wait with my thunderstick.

Don’t wait tooo long, I heard it turns your sinkers blue

lol I pretend there’s a largemouth lurking under the surface…

pssshhhh you call that a fish? this is a fish -

really though, thats not a bad catch for the buffalo area. i caught that beauty off the coast of st augustine, fl a few months back. that guy was one of many. and yes, red fish are delicious!!

lol I’ve never seen someone so happy to have caught a fish. :tup:

The next picture is him biting into the fish with the same look on his face.

Jam’s fish really isn’t that big either. ESPECIALLY for offshore Ocean fishing.

it was actually right at the limit of what we could keep, size wise. and i was pretty stoked, i fought with that guy for about 10 minutes before i finally got him. plus i was like 8 cold beers deep, lol

yeah, the fight of a fish like that can be great. We’re you trolling for those suckers or just tossing a jig line?

For that bass it was a standard in-line spinner. (blue fox, mepps or panther martins.)