short shifter

whats the best short shifter for SR20det?

I have a B&M and I love it 100%, it’s super short, and if you get a newer one you won’t have the buzzing issue that some of the earlier ones suffered from. Good smooth engagement, nice crisp feel. I like it a lot. I just want something shorter now, but that’s personal preference.

so ur saying dont get one thats used?

ver 1 or 2?

i just dont wanna fuck up the 3rd gear

bibby,

he means there are two versions of it - nothing to do with whether they are used or not.

i have the first gen - it rattles at high rpm, but who cares. short throw, very precise, definite engagement. wouldn’t want to use anything else. :smiley:

and how would you fuck up 3rd gear exactly?

haha, i dont know…

well…i dont know about short shifter on a 240sx, i used to drive civic, and it did fuck up the 3rd gear!

im just saying…lol

yea, you can fuck up 3rd, along with any other gear, with a stock shifter too…

Since the title is generic, does anyone know of a quality short-throw that is a shorter throw than the B&M?

I have shifter knob custom made from black polball(#8 for good luck) that goes really low on shifter arm making it shorter. It’s heavy, perfectly round and really improve overall feeling when you shift. Try to drill deeper your shifter knob so that the shifter arm goes in almost to the top of it.

Enh, I’ve taken my shift knob right off just to see, and I still want something shorter. Just 'cause… My footwork is still faster than my shift, I’d like to have it about the same if not inverse.