should i go for stage 2 or stage 3 clutch?

if you guys have tried either one or both of these clutches, please tell me some experiences with it
its going on my ka24de
i will be turboing it
looking for 300hp
but i don’t really want to be fighting with the clutch all the time since its my daily driver car
the brand i’m looking at is xtd or f1 from ebay
stage 2 come with a kevlar disc
and stage 3 come with either a carbon metali or cooper ceramic disc
which one should i go for?
i just can’t decide

Get which ever one is rated for the kind of torque you are going to be making.

stage 2 would be better for everyday driving but the stage 3 grabs like a mothefucker.

yeah. stage 3 would be really heavy
so i wanna know who is using a stage 3 for a daily driver and are regreting for buying it
or are they actually ok for driving daily
experience stories please

Hey man.

The best way to rate a clutch for your use is by how much torque it will handle.

So if your shooting for around 300hp, go for a clutch that is say good for 325lbs of torque to the flywheel. That way your clutch will handle more then the motor is making and will last longer.

It’s always best to never have any one part of your set up over taxed. You get longer life and better overall performance that way.

How heavy the clutch is depends on the pressure plate being used as well. You can have a clutch that’s good to say 400lbs of torque yet it’s just a little stiffer then an OE one. Some street clutch kits are like this and then other race kits of course would be super stiff.

Good luck with your decision.

Take care.

Easy 8)

i’ve been reading some reviews over the net
and i’m leaning toward the stage 2 kevlar kit rated for 285 hp and 260 torque
seems like a really good kit fo 160 shipped
anyone have experience with the xtd kits on ebay?

i have a stage 3 i wouldnt say i regret it but when im stuck on the freeway in traffic its a huge pain. the sweet spot is so small compard to stage 2 or stock.

my friends dont like because its so sticky to drive daily.

but im running 300 hp/tq that i deceided to go with the stage 3.

i love it at the track btw

yeah…then definantly i’ll probably stick with the stage 2
thanks

Bruce is right. “Stage 2” and “Stage 3” are qualitative terms, subject to whatever the manufacturer decides is suitable for a “Stage 3 Upgrade” and not clearly based on any actual performance numbers.

You want to figure out how much power you’re expecting and buy a clutch AND pressure plate with suitable clamping force and torque specifications. Anything else is just hit and miss; you’ll either end up with a clutch that slips, or a pressure plate that’s stiffer than it needs to be for your application, neither of which is favourable.

Generally, one the main differences between stage 2 and stage 3 clutches is that stage 3 and up are USUALLY pucked.

Stage 1 and 2 are USUALLY not pucked.

That should have an effect on your decision as well.