Should I look at this Galant VR4...

http://www.craigslist.org/sby/car/137633404.html

Worth a look?

-TJ

no pics

Thanks for the update captain obvious. :wink: :booty:

I mean just from the description… even worth looking at the thing?

-TJ

First guess … NO … sounds like it will be a nightmare till you sell the thing. Never buy a bad dsm to start with.

offer a grand saying a used motor is 800 bucks. i seen 2 vr4’s go for under a grand here in past month–both running but w/ some issues.

No input from da DSM heads?

-TJ

Offer him like $1200. You can easily fix it and flip it for $2500.

Do i suggest owning a DSM? No.

at least your sig was true that night ^^

Yeah… I’m going to go look. If it’s clean inside/out I’m just going to offer him a G cash. He’ll have a lot of trouble selling it not running here in CA due to smog issues. But I have ways and means of not worrying about that. :itr41:

So I figure if I offer him 1k cash and can get it around $1200 like you said I’ll go for it. Not sure yet if I’ll try and flip it or not. If it’s a clean 'nough car I wouldn’t mind building a motor for it. I’ve always kinda had a little pervy obsesion for a 4G63 since that night you and George both walked my Z/28 on 79 on the way down to U-town. 3-way line up 95 GST - '99 Z/28 - 90 Talon TSi and t3h LS1 lost.

-TJ

So I just drove another Googler’s Galant VR4… fun car. I’m going to try for this one. If it doesn’t happen, then “oh well.” But if it does then I’m one of you! Bwahahahaha.

-TJ

make sure you have another 1k$ laying around for repair after a week youll need it :kekegay:

That’s entirely in the plan. I have ~4k total to spend. I just talked to the owner and he’ll take $1,400 cash. So that leaves me $2,600 to fix it. :wink:

-TJ

Damn it Kokar, George, hell even Mike’s silly ass. I need some solid advice. I’m 'bout ready to go tow it to my shop this weekend.

-TJ

lol

Ask T-7874578565 Tsi , he is the DSM authority.

nah, you’ve owned more than me and you guys were 3285487298342x faster than i was 5 or 6 years ago

it said the ad is expired. so what happened man? you get it?

I just talked the dude last night, and was setup to go look at it this weekend. I’ll have to call him back and check on shit. If somebody showed up w/ $1800 cash I’m sure he just let it go w/o even calling me. Grr. Then again I was going to try and look at it during the week but he said he didn’t have any time 'till the weekend. So it seems a little unlikely it sold.

But like I said, if it’s still there this weekend I’ll give him the $1400 cash, unless I get there and it’s totally thrashed.

I have a buddy w/ a decent running 4G63 (he just pulled it from his GVR4 for a 2.3L stroker) he’ll sell me stupid cheap. So if I get this car I’ll just slap that in for now, and maybe build something cooler w/ the stock motor.

What kind of power can I make w/ a reasonable turbo (the car WILL get RallyXed and maybe Autoxed on wet days when I don’t wanna run the Z06 so I don’t want shit-tons of lag) and the proper supporting mods. What would it cost me (roughly of course) to rebuild the stock motor w/ fresh stock parts and some mild upgrades (worked head, slightly bigger cams maybe, larger turbo and matching mani, injectors etc). I have no need to build a rocket, but 300hp would be nice.

-TJ

550s, cams, evo 16g, cheap ic, home made intake, exhaust, 2g manifold would get you there with mild tuning either afc, or translator

basically this list except for cams, not really needed.