Silverback Signed (51.175 mil over 6 years)

Well the Steelers signed silverback…kinda shocked me. I figured he would be gone b/c of $ and Woodley would have filled his role. Pretty nice signing bonus too.

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/09103/962504-66.stm

Steelers sign James Harrison
Monday, April 13, 2009
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
The Steelers have signed linebacker James Harrrison to a new contract that will pay him $51.175 million over the next six years.

Harrison, the NFL’s 2008 defensive player of the year, will receive $20 million in bonus money

glad that it happened :slight_smile:

they would not have let him go. awesome to see a guy who almost didnt make it keep trying and finally get his.

sweet. thats a good signing for both sides, i think.

How did you figure woodley would take his place? Woodley already starts. They had to sign him. But he will see about 3 years of the 6 in the contract and then get cut. I am sure the salary gets heavy towars the end.

sweet

I’d be happy if he lasts 4 more years. Pittsburgh is brutal to their linebackers as they start to get some miles on them. Granted they always seem to get rid of them at the perfect time and you never hear about them doing anything anywhere else they go (minus JP last year), but it’s still hard to see them go. I still miss #55.

filled his role…meaning being the top playmaker on the defense.

JAMES HARRISON. KENT STATE.

lol.

I’ve seen interviews of QB’s where they say that they’re not really AFRAID of any defensive player, but they are TERRIFIED of James Harrison. I love that! :rofl:

sweet