Skate pics *56k*

[quote=“jkucz28,post:40,topic:25791"”]

damn someone should stay lurking, dont let comments piss you off. thousands of people on here and that means thousands of different opinions. Sorry not everyone thinks the way you do…

[/quote]

that kid is full of shit and that’s pretty much all i have to say about that, he shut his fucking mouth after he realized he jocks snowboards because the x-games told him it was cool and their snowboard isn’t magically floating under their feet.

lol

Damn, rollerbladers are an angry group.

[quote=“Pass McGrass,post:42,topic:25791"”]

lol

Damn, rollerbladers are an angry group.

[/quote]

i’ve heard every excuse ever for why you can’t be good at skateboard and rollerblading, and that kid is regurgitating the same shit i’ve heard for the past 7 years, and it’s never been true, regardless of what zero gauge earrings tattoos and emo music tell you

[quote=“movethem____north,post:43,topic:25791"”]

i’ve heard every excuse ever for why you can’t be good at skateboard and rollerblading, and that kid is regurgitating the same shit i’ve heard for the past 7 years, and it’s never been true, regardless of what zero gauge earrings tattoos and emo music tell you

[/quote]

Then you should be used to it by now, one would think.

But coming on this forum and acting like an asshole when you don’t even technically have 1 post under your belt, is only going to leave you frustrated.

Speaking of skateparks does anyone know if the O.P. park is dry and skateable? I was going to hit it up on Tuesday since its supposed to be nice out. Im tired of searching for decent street spots to skate at.

yea zach stop talkin shit just let them enjoy the hot pics of me fruitbooting. i’m in the white shirt and my tricks were way more tech biiotch. ya damn noob haha. oh yea and thanks for the pics carl.

so to answer your question in your first post, the opinon you ACTUALLY ASKED FOR, on how to have shot these better.

first off you have a few things working against you.
shooting in a poorly lit area without using a flash is hard enough, then you add the fact that your trying to shoot things that are moving. your fighting an uphill battle thats for sure.

what type of equipment are you working with? a digital slr?
can you use flash next time or is that not cool in this situation?
if you are using an slr, i would invest in a lens that can go down to f 2.8 this will help you alot in all lower light situations. it will allow you to use higher shutter speeds to better capture the motion. ever see sports photographers with the huge lenses? thats how they capture fast paced action.
try using a monopod if possible.
higher iso’s will be more grainy i wouldnt go more than iso400 if possible.
try to plan/anticipate the shots, it will allow for less “trigger jerk” as i like to call it. have the camera focused where they skater will end up, have it prefocused and shutter release partially depressed, squeeze off the shot easy while breathing out slowly.

im not a profesional by any means, i hope to be someday, but i do like to shoot in low light alot though. i love the challenge.

hope some of this will help you.

yo for real instead of talking shit to each other we (bikers, woodpushers, and fruitbooters like myself) should all get together and roll. send me a pm anytime if anyone wants to roll out there. layzie i’d like to see your civic i’ve heard its dope. hit me up if you wanna roll there. and i used to work at pipe dreams before it closed and skated there since the day it opened. xw is a much better and bigger park zach is just arguing because he likes to and is most likely drunk.
here’s an air that i like. once carl perfects his shot timing i’ll be an extra foot or 2 higher:
http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/3/7104293089.jpg

ok. First, there are a shit-ton of riders in buffalo who are FAR more interesting to watch than even a pro rollerbooter.

here’s how i look at it. When i fruitbooted in highschool, I was able to do a handrail within the first month. When I skated, I was never able to do any handrail that wasn’t at a park, when i rode, it took me about 2 years to finally nail a nasty handrail, but my first one was a 17 stair.

That said. Rollerblading is fucking easy, and all the tricks look the same. I know, I’ve done all three. How many different angles can you position your feet at and keep calling it a new trick?

POINT: Skating is WAY harder than BMX or rollerblading. I can’t believe anyone would even think to argue otherwise. Christ i used to jump over the lines in rollerskates at my 5th grade school skating parties. The first time i got on a skateboard, it was a few weeks before i could even manage to ollie over a single deck with any sort of consistency.

[quote=“movethem____north,post:21,topic:25791"”]

attaching things to your feet is gay, that’s why snowboarding and skiing are so gay, and so easy since it’s attached to your feet… ever land in a long set of stairs with something attached to your feet? you eat shit asshole, you do it or you eat shit, real easy playboy

[/quote]

do not ever compare skiing to fruitbooting…

and yes i used to fruitboot.

[quote=“jdmEK9gsr,post:48,topic:25791"”]

yo for real instead of talking shit to each other we (bikers, woodpushers, and fruitbooters like myself) should all get together and roll.

[/quote]

LOL, if only your boy zach had the same mentality. It would be so much more fun spending time riding than being a fuckhead.

i first started fruitbooting, it got to easy so i stopped i have nothing against it but then i started skating for a while then i biked for a while and its way harder than rollerblading ever was

but props to some cool pics and some people doing what they like

[quote=“jdmEK9gsr,post:48,topic:25791"”]

instead of talking shit to each other we (bikers, woodpushers, and fruitbooters like myself) should all get together and roll.

[/quote]

Best post in the thread.

I’ve never touched a bike, but having been on skates and on a skateboard, skateboarding is harder. To me, that doesn’t somehow make rollerblades less cool.

I can’t understand the hate that comes out of every scene. Mountains are nothing but snowboarder/skier bullshit, and it’s the same in skateparks. We’re all there to do the same basic thing. Who cares what anybody else is riding?

[quote=“newman,post:49,topic:25791"”]

POINT: Skating is WAY harder than BMX or rollerblading. I can’t believe anyone would even think to argue otherwise. Christ i used to jump over the lines in rollerskates at my 5th grade school skating parties. The first time i got on a skateboard, it was a few weeks before i could even manage to ollie over a single deck with any sort of consistency.

[/quote]

I will say skateboarding is harder than BMX in some ways. Tricks are somewhat harder, more complicated and take longer to learn but I totally respect bikers because the shit they do takes balls. Just dropping in on a 1/4 pipe on a bike would scare the shit outta me if I was trying it for the 1st time.
Rollerblading is so easy compared to the other 2. You can learn 10-20 tricks/grinds on your first day but when it comes to skateboarding you would be lucky to be able to ollie and pop-shoveit after a few months. I think it took me around 1-2 years just to learn kickflips. None of my rollerblading friends could skateboard if theyr life depended on it.
Blading is fun I have to admit but it did come fairly easy to me but I felt more comfortable on a skateboard.
Whether you blade, board or bike its all fun. Im too old to give a shit. I think its more of the younger kids who hate on the opposing sports.
Mighty skate meet tonight? Im down if anyone else is.

there are lots of good bmx’ers around here. look, here is jim celinski getting over 5 redbull cans!

http://c.myspace.com/Groups/00005/56/41/5251465_l.jpg

there are a lot of great bikers and skateboarders in the area. a few pro, and a few flow, for both categories. as far as rollerblading, i dont like it so i dont really give it respect, but whatever. the real reason for my distaste in rollerblading is the fact that rollerbladers are NOT cool to skateboards, whomever said that before. I think I may have met 1 with an attitude that didn’t shun skateboarders. And it’s not the skateboarder’s position to be cool to rollerbladers in the first place, its vice versa. we were around first, and rollerblading came 2nd. and gave no props. and tried to steal our spots. and annoy us at skateparks

thank god its dying out

[quote=“movethem____north,post:37,topic:25791"”]

hahaha the funny thing is you know so little about biking that you say that. we try to skate and the mass together in the middle of the skatepark like assholes and miss the same trick over and over again while i stand there… at least i can actually land my fucking tricks… and usually the kids who hit the hardest obsticle in the park are trying to get used to tricks on real street which is what matters… if you’re too pussy for a man’s rail then why don’t you go down the bunny hill with the rest of the 11 year old girls

[/quote]

dude, I was a dirt jumper. I never had access to parks, or decent rails. I raced at the nike base, and my buddies were constantly digging up his lawn to make newer and bigger jumps. We rode 10 miles sometimes to get to the trails, just off of transit road near clinton.

Hell if I had a chance to ride rails, or go to a decent park i would have loved to… but. I certainly wouldn’t ride the same fucking rail over and over, i would be using the whole park.

For biker/dirt jumpers the Union trails by Clinton is a work of art and theres another dirt jump course on Harlem just past clinton as well.

[quote=“Superium,post:57,topic:25791"”]

For biker/dirt jumpers the Union trails by Clinton is a work of art and theres another dirt jump course on Harlem just past clinton as well.

[/quote]

yea i use to ride them… probably almost 10 years ago… they were a lot of fun.

I could only imagine how big they are now

http://www.bmxair.com/trails/union/uniontrails1.htm

I know plenty of people who skate and are damn good at in in WNY…dont know to many people who are good with a BMX… i don’t do either but respect the rollers since they put so much time into it.