Skyline GTR Insurance?

Hi Guys,

I’m considering a 1990 GTR, and I called my insurance company (ING) in order to figure out what I’d pay for rates on this car. They said they couldn’t find it in their databases. Obviously a few of you guys have these and I’m wondering what the deal is? Why doesn’t my insurance person have this car on file (besides the fact that it’s a JDM car? And on a side note, what is everyone paying for insurance on these things?

Thanks,

Jason

Working in insurance , no company has jdm serial # and vehicle codes in their database. We just override the code and name from anything to skyline so it appears that way on your card for plpd.
If you decide to get comprehensive or collision they will ask for an apraisal and will insure those sections based on value of the car not make and model.

Ah, well that makes a lot of sense. So, being in the industry, can you give me a good rate? :lol:

I have mine insured through AMA. They have it insured for the price that I bought it for. (As stated on the Bill of Sale)

Once you have an OPP inspection completed, insurance is pretty easy to find. My GTR isn’t even that expensive to insure. Not sure the exact amount since I have multiple cars insured.

call co-op

but ama no longer gives full cov on skylines , well they do via a company called nordic

ING will NOT insure your car for more than PL/PD and for not more than a million. They will not do collision, and will not do comprehensive (fire, theft, glass)

Morgex and Meloche-Monnex were the only two companies in Edmonton that would pick me up. Morgex was about 150 a year cheaper, at $1922 for the full year. PLPD with 1 million liability, and full comprehensive. With the cost associated with replacing a windshield on these cars, I figured 8 dollars a month to get full coverage on the front glass was a price I’m willing to pay.

I’m 19, have a clean drivers abstract. I’ve been driving for 3 years, took drivers training at the beginning. Nobody from my house has ever been dropped from insurance, no insurance claims, etc, etc, etc.