skyline laws

I would so do the swap the vins with a 240sx vin. and rock the car. i dont think their is a police officer around here that would know the diffrence. as long as u show a valid registration, insurance and matching plates you will be good.

And then the first day you get into a serious accident you’re fucked beyond fucked when the INS company find out. They’re not stupid…

i dont think they would care to look into it, just pay you for the worth of the shitty 240sx

You’d be committing insurance fraud.
The only way they might ever even at the slightest care, is if you had no collision and it was your fault. Not a chance to take unless you like fine$.

i know what id be doing im just saying if you got into an accident and waht not with all the proper paper work inplace it would just be a 240sx with a skyline front and rear end conversion

is it illegal? YES… is anyone going to give a shit? NO…

I know plenty of people who have registered cars/bikes that they bought extremely cheap without titles and then bought a wrecked vehicle with the same specs and used the titles to reg and drive the original vehicle… never heard of any of them having a problem and they didnt even swap vins!

Shit I’ve always thought about buying a 1995 Eclipse to use the title to reg so I wouldnt have to inspect mine.

You’d have to get it inspected. Just no emissions BS.

right but usually they look at the reg on the window for the vin.

Yeah. I know what your saying. I just thought you meant if it was reg’d as a 95 it wouldn’t need any inspection.

shhhhhh hes dmv!! haha jk :slight_smile:

Lol unless you happen to go to the DMV and get a jerk who happens to call me to see if its kosher then legally I have to give them what our procedure says. Unless you yell from the background “Eric I’m from shift cut me a break” lol but as most of you know the DMV is full of loopholes.

lol

haha nice!

Not only is insurance fraud the issue, but you’ll also be committing federal crimes because the cars are banned from import AND possession unless they were imported by MotorEx or have been imported under the pretense that they would be used for show or off-road use only.

Unlike most other vehicles, Customs and Border Patrol, the FBI, and a few other federal organizations are actively seeking these cars out to confiscate, destroy, and then arrest you.

Is there a reasoning behind why they are banned?

They’re too JDM for us.

No idea. MotorEx did fuck up a bit when they “tested” the Skylines that were imported. As in they only crash tested some R33s, no R34 or R32 models. Plus they’re some of the more desirable of the banned from import cars.

Just picked up a 89, ill post pics later.

Still illegal, you dope.

motorex didn’t pay taxes and got caught too. pretty much motorex tried to make a fool of the government and they caught on.