Skyline rear end in s13

I’ve recently purchased a rear end out of r32 GTR (5-lugs, brakes, diff, etc), under the assurance that it will practically drop right in to my 94 s13 'vert. However, me being fairly new in this game, and not being a mechanic, does give me some hesitation. Is there any major problems I’m ignorantly overlooking? If anyone has any information on this, it would be much appreicated.

BOLT ON BOLT ON eveyrtign :stuck_out_tongue: but ebreak u will need to extend wires or get r33 cables
and the diff shoudl pop in ur pumpkin as i was todl but iw oudl hold out on doing that since ur car is stock right now less complications

ps: grab those seatsss

You may want to do a bit more research before you buy it.

I have an r32 sway bar, and full r32 rear brake setup. But afaik the subframe wont bolt up, the rear knuckles are not compatible with any shock that will work with the top plates unless its custom, as well I don’t think the drive shaft will line up correctly.

so, yes there are a lot of good parts to use, but then there are a lot of parts that you can’t use.

Thanks for the info… I picked it up tonight, and am going to see how much useful things I can pick out of it…I for sure need the 5-lugs, and the brakes… as well as the diff. We’ll see how it goes.

This is what I did:
Detach all the arms from the subframe, pop the output shafts out.
Put the knuckle on the floor, and wail on it with a hammer till the hub pops out. Put in the new hub. Put it back on. So much easier than people made it out to be. It took less time and less complexity than the front.

Fantastic. Just what I wanted to hear. Once you got it all hooked up, did you need an extended e-brake cable? I’ve heard that could be an issue. Thanks for the help thusfar.

Yea, I’m making that right now =) Doesn’t look too hard. You just need that same metal wire with the ball ends, or even braze on some ball ends, and two pieces of metal to squish it in.

Yeahh, I was looking at it today…should be too hard. If you happen to take any pictures of how you did yours, I’d love to see them.

I need my car rolling.

in an s13 it does bolt up… and you can use gtr shocks in the rear and it will fit i have done it… however an r32 gtr has hicas and thus putting a hicas subframe in a coupe is stupid

just take the diff,swayybars , ebrake and brake assembyies off and bolt those on instead. also you don’t really have to modify the ebrake cables unless u have an s14, s13 it should fit if you strech them. worked in my car.

told u :slight_smile: U GOT HOOOKED UP BUDDIE

Yeah, gotta say thanks to born2beaskyline for hooking it up. Solid dude, and solid parts.