Skyline seat in an s13

Hey, I know this has been done many times before, so I wanted to know how other people have done this. I have a skyline gts-t seat in my 180, and the rear outside hole on the seat rail is about an inch off from the hole in my floor.

Whats the best way to fasten a custom bracket? I was thinking a slim nut under the rail with a bolt, and the stock bolt through the custom bracket hole and into the floor hole.

I have some R34 seats that I’m going to put in my S13. I was thinking the same thing as you, but getting someone to weld an extension onto the bracket may be easier. Do you only have three bolts in the seat right now?

there have been a few different things I have tried for R32/A31/C33 rails in a S13 and the best one is to make a custom bolt on bracket … as a huge thick washer is only so good and will bend over time and running with 3 screws on a 2 piece rail makes the right side very flexible and unsafe …

so try to get a 2 inch piece of flatbar and drill 2 holes into it and fasten it with a recessed head bolt from bottom up with a nuts and washer so it is as close to flush on the bottom as possible

Scott knows what he is talking about on this subject as we prolly swapped a gazillion gts-t seats into s13’s…

on that note, I am only running with 3 bolts on my silvia, I’ve been to d-sport and track days, seat never moved at all … ?

Your likley fine with 3 as long as the car doesn’t take a major impact.

well the stock style seat rails and recaro ones are 2 piece and require both front and rear sections to be bolted in as there will be alot of flex without them in. A bottom or sidemount bucket rail such as bride or other aftermarket ones are 1 piece design and are alot more rigid if only 3 bots are used but not reccomended ever . Also the stock seats themselves are not very rigid as can be twisted very easy as they are just fabric and foam and only have a tiny frame to them unlike alot of aftermarket seats that are beefy

yeah i already talked to scott about this, i think i will just do that method. i dont know if i can find a bolt short enough but i’ll check home depot.

i found all the parts i needed, including this little bracket, for $1.24

Sweet. Home Depot? Post some pics of what you got if it all works. I’m going to do the same right away. Thanks!

oh crud… its already installed…

i can list what i bought

• one 3/8" x 1" inch bolt
  • one 3/8" nut
  • one 3/8" lock washer
  • one big washer (that still fits around the bolt but is wide… look at the skyline rail hole and you’ll see why)

in the same area where you find bolts, there is these little metal brackets with 2 holes exactly 1.25" apart, which fit perfectly.

then you put the metal bracket underneath the seat rail, and put the bolt with the lock washer up through the hole instead of down, then the big washer on top then the nut etc etc

Thanks! Now I have a project for the weekend.

exactly how I said dude … you that works the best and didnt cost you much at all …a safe seat is essential

yeah… 3 bolts in the seat was sketch city…

agreed … I have used 3 bolts for a bit with bride rails and then when I modify it to work I see no difference. …but that doesnt mean it wont flex or something else in a collision or racing situation

http://laacz.lv/f/img/seat-belt.jpg

LOL yes it is funny because its true