Skyline Setting its sights on....

This car is way to over hyped and onyx is already way too excited about it.

over-hyped - probably

but its gonna be a sick car none-the-less

[quote=“Onyx Z32,post:20,topic:35915"”]

That’s right - there was talk of a CVT model (Can you imagine for drag racing?) and a 7-Speed.

[/quote]

the cvt idea would be shit…

6 speed manual should be standard with no other options…

i sell dsg automatics, and at the end of the day your still driving an automatic…

its ghey!

The GTR would be 821 feet behind the CGT.

That is a lot of distance to make up!

i love the headlights =)

[quote=“VANDIT,post:23,topic:35915"”]

the cvt idea would be shit…

6 speed manual should be standard with no other options…

i sell dsg automatics, and at the end of the day your still driving an automatic…

its ghey!

[/quote]

I said for drag racing… CVT isn’t DSG - In CVT, there are no shifts.

Imagine never having to shift from 0-1XXmph all the way down the track. Never loosing any time for shifting and always being at your peak power level.

I am calling BS until actual lap times are put up

^I agree. Does no one else see how immpossible this is?

[quote=“AWDrifter,post:28,topic:35915"”]

[/quote]

how impossible what is? catching up to teh CGT or posting those numbers in general?

7 seconds over 14 miles is NOT alot to catch up with… with as many turns as the ring has its not outside of teh realm of things

[/quote]

With the CGT being almost a full blown race car im going to have to agree…

it’s going to be amazing… but I just don’t see how it could touch a carrera GT… having been out on track at the glen chasing a GT as hard as I could showed me how unreal they are on a track - it’s not about the power… it’s the braking (or lack of need to brake) and tires and suspension that make the car insane… I lost by more then anything else I’ve ever seen on track including things like 07 Z06 on slicks.

[quote=“4x4jimmy,post:4,topic:35915"”]

i love the rear. :hitit:

[/quote]

x3 That’s one of the things that’s always drawn me to skylines. Can’t wait to see one on the streets.

[quote=“Viper966,post:29,topic:35915"”]

how impossible what is? catching up to teh CGT or posting those numbers in general?

7 seconds over 14 miles is NOT alot to catch up with… with as many turns as the ring has its not outside of teh realm of things

[/quote]

the fact the GT-R has less power, a lot more weight, worse track as well as a bunch of other things… it will not touch the CGT

EDIT: and you all are speculating that the actual time was 7:35, there is no actual mention of the ACTUAL time

not too shabby :tup:

Article says something under 7:35 may have been achieved. So it could only be 6 seconds needed :tup:

[quote=“Onyx Z32,post:26,topic:35915"”]

I said for drag racing… CVT isn’t DSG - In CVT, there are no shifts.

Imagine never having to shift from 0-1XXmph all the way down the track. Never loosing any time for shifting and always being at your peak power level.

[/quote]

thank you onyx, i know very well what cvt does, how it operates, hell i have even seen them apart many many times… (funny because they break all the time)

and yes in concept it is a fantastic idea… but think about it; the fastest drag cars dont use it, and or any real drag car, they usually use 2 gears/ or some sort of high low combo. and for us import lovers we use 4 to get down the track sometimes 5…

and if you have ever driven a cvt car it stays at its peak hp level… but its the torque that gets you going… and the bands on the transmission (cvt) dont “shift” fast enough anyways…

and even a cvt has set “shift” points and a set final drive…

DSG>CVT but 6 speed > all of the above

[/quote]

carrera GT - mid engine, 605 hp, about 3000 lbs.

gt-r - front engine, 500 hp, probably closer to 3500 lbs.

:bsflag:

i have to call BS as much as i want to support nissan. The numbers alone make the outcome obvious…

another point is,

why are the exotic companys going to a DSG style instead of a CVT…

one of 2 reasons…

1. the technology is not good enough to support higher power levels… (mabie)

2. the math behind the gearing in the DSG’s is far better and more reliable than the cvt (mabie)

3. if they can find a way to reduce the friction created by the bands in the cvt while alternating there position to create the “infinate” gear ratios and allow it to do this much much faster, keeping the reliability of a manual transmission and finding a engine which peak hp and torque happen at the same time (ie 6500 rpm) and then matching wot and the cvt’s gearing to that exact rpm then yes, this system would work much better.

[quote=“90NA300ZX,post:37,topic:35915"”]

carrera GT - mid engine, 605 hp, about 3000 lbs.

gt-r - front engine, 500 hp, probably closer to 3500 lbs.

:bsflag:

i have to call BS as much as i want to support nissan. The numbers alone make the outcome obvious…

[/quote]

AND throw in the Walter Röhrl factor.:smiley:

The base model GT-R, with four-piston Brembo brakes and a six-speed manual gearbox, will cost around £29,000. The mid-range V-Spec will have six-piston Brembos and either a DSG double-clutch gearbox like in the Bugatti Veyron or some other type of semi-automatic gearbox and a price tag of around £35,000. The highest spec model will be called the GT-R Evolution, and have all the performance options of the V-Spec level, plus some of the body panels will be replaced with carbon fiber to reduce weight, among other modifications not yet released to the public for £52,000.