£29,000 ~ $58,000 USD

£52,000 ~ $105,000 USD

^ Weak US dollar FTL on this one.

i think that was more or less the expected base model pricing from the get-go

[quote=“93dx–hatch,post:41,topic:35915"”]

£29,000 ~ $58,000 USD

£52,000 ~ $105,000 USD

[/quote]

Keep in mind that Europeans already pay more for cars. We often pay the same price in dollars (or a bit higher) that they do in Euros. Just look at other BMW or MB prices for reference.

[quote=“90NA300ZX,post:37,topic:35915"”]

carrera GT - mid engine, 605 hp, about 3000 lbs.

gt-r - front engine, 500 hp, probably closer to 3500 lbs.

:bsflag:

i have to call BS as much as i want to support nissan. The numbers alone make the outcome obvious…

[/quote]

yea, but you are forgetting the nissan is AWD and has lots of doo dads to keep it straigh… which is ALOT more grip…

im not saying its true… but there are alot of cars that on paper are faster but in real world they are not

[quote=“EvoMR,post:44,topic:35915"”]

Keep in mind that Europeans already pay more for cars. We often pay the same price in dollars (or a bit higher) that they do in Euros. Just look at other BMW or MB prices for reference.

[/quote]

:word: euro prices are rarely a direct translation to USD

[quote=“Adictd2b00st,post:17,topic:35915"”]

the more i see this car, the more i like it. i was afraid it was going to be really lame the closer it got to production, but it looks like thats far from the case :tup:

[/quote]

:word:

[quote=“Viper966,post:45,topic:35915"”]

yea, but you are forgetting the nissan is AWD and has lots of doo dads to keep it straigh… which is ALOT more grip…

[/quote]

962 based carbon chassis + 335 width rubber + Walter Rohl > Nissan.

my dads friend from the nissan dealer said theyre going to be 75k. autoplace will MAYBE get a total of 9 in the first year prob less and mike barney will get a few more than that but tahts it - so good luck getting one locally.

[quote=“K Cuv,post:49,topic:35915"”]

my dads friend from the nissan dealer said theyre going to be 75k. autoplace will MAYBE get a total of 9 in the first year prob less and mike barney will get a few more than that but tahts it - so good luck getting one locally.

[/quote]

i would be suprised if west herr didnt get at least that many, considering they’re almost always #2 right behind barney… but still, thats not a lot. nissan doesnt have much of a market in WNY.

my chub gets a little big bigger every time more news on this thing comes out.

Carrera GT, I guess it’s the “set your goals high” approach. :lol:

It looks pretty nice, but I’ll wait to see what comes out for production.

X…

[quote=“MPD47,post:48,topic:35915"”]

962 based carbon chassis + 335 width rubber + Walter Rohl > Nissan.

[/quote]

im not talking about this specific instance just in general…

besides in the article it said the guy who drove teh CGT is driving the GTR

I know someone who is preordering one as soon as they have one available

Considering the cost of both, I’d take the GTR in a heartbeat if it was even in the same realm as the CGT.

High Expectations on Nissan’s part for sure.

Meh if im buying a 100K car is going to be a 911 GT2/3.

So are they for sure bringing GTRs to the USA?

[quote=“Viper966,post:45,topic:35915"”]

im not saying its true… but there are alot of cars that on paper are faster but in real world they are not

[/quote]

holy biter batman

i see the sky line every day.

[quote=“POOPRA,post:56,topic:35915"”]

So are they for sure bringing GTRs to the USA?

[/quote]

are you really asking that?

the reason for all the hype about this car is only partly because it’s coming back…the other part is that this, from the start, has been titled “the first skyline/gtr/whatever ever officially to be sold in the US”

[quote=“90NA300ZX,post:59,topic:35915"”]

are you really asking that?

the reason for all the hype about this car is only partly because it’s coming back…the other part is that this, from the start, has been titled “the first skyline/gtr/whatever ever officially to be sold in the US”

[/quote]

Sorry didnt see anything that said that offically would be imported to the US, not that I have been looking. Thats why I asked .