Slammed 2.0

I noticed there was a lot of rsx haters in the slammed thread so i figured i would post up an authentic slammed rsx.

It started off with a mild drop, just a subtle touch…

That got boring quick and wasn’t quite scraping enough pavement for my likings.

The solution?

Go to Mobile

Mobile is where you can go 5mph and shed a few inches easily…

cell phone=shittyness

Ugh, so i get towed. Flatbed driver was the man and did all he could to salvage my front bumper. Still some quality humans left in this world i guess. He even placed her (scraping painfully) down in my garage for me on a jack stand.

Peer in a little and BAM

WTF! I know they’re not pretty looking but damn, i just bought these in January. They have seen maybe a month and a half of winter when they were first installed.

I just don’t understand what forces would sheer the top of the piston clean like that? I was lucky i was going so slow when it happened.

Heres a pic of the top seat after a quick clean

the other half, still in the car, im sick not trying to tool around in the unheated garage at the moment

Heres what they looked like in January…

Hyup, in the process on e-mailing Buddy Club to see if anything can be done. I’m not poiting fingers or deflecting blame in any manner, i’ve just lost a little peice of myself deep down inside. Loading the jalopy on the flatbed may have taken a few years off my life aswell.

What do you guys think?

I KNOW the piston wasn’t torqued out of it’s seat. RUST? they’re still fairly new, i think i keep her pretty clean but it’s not like im in there with a toothbrush every week. Pics are bad, i admit.

Sorry about the rant, but i feel somewhat better :umm

wow who inspected that hunk of shit :lol

seriously man, what if i was on the northway?? you’d a killed me man :nono

:ohnoes :lol how long ago that happen bud ,musta been when ya left the shop and ya spun em damn honda crap cant take a little beetin on :idiots

make friends with anti-seize. and those are filthy. i put 22k on my gti this past year and my suspension looks new.

ive never seen that happen!?! its def a real good thing you werent going any faster!

your not kidding man, it will be my new obsession. i didn’t think something could corrode so fast tho. i make sure to hose the wheel wells and what not as far as salt and what not. apparently it wasn’t good enough.

Oh so you set me up then too … wtf man!

:lol glad ya ok :hug

i heard about this from a tow truck driver last night

HA! I’d be interested to hear what he had to say, or maybe not lol. There was actually two guys, a younger dude and a middle aged guy. Middle aged guy was super pessimistic while the younger guy was over the top helpful and did all that he could not to rip my bumer off. I appreciated his help more than i could express (esp since i had stept throat and couldnt speak). I gave him twenty bucks for a tip but in hindsight probably should have thrown him more.

anytime ive had somebody tow my car and they look out for my car’s well being i throw them some extra cash…20-30 everytime, its def worth it if they take the time to be careful…

Do you have another car to drive for the time being schuy?

We’re gonna pop out the driver’s side and see what it looks like, see if it spins freely, which it damn well should, that looks like it twisted because the strut bearing up top wasn’t spinning, similar to that story I told you about my Tein’s on the 325.

This would explain that popping/binding sound you’d get every once in a while. Either way BC should be behind this 100%, they haven’t even laid salt since you’ve had those on, that’s ridiculous that they’d be that dirty.

Brett, the kid’s anal about his stupid coilovers, I know he’s washed em off regularly like a bitch, even when it wasn’t snowing, looks like whatever coating they put on the strut hats are weak as hell.

cant imagine how that rides.

all about leet coilovers.

shitsweak

yea i had the middle age guy tow my car like an hour later. He was like these fuckin lowered cars blah blah blah. lucky for him 2 philips head screws and it comes off.

what? :sad tow why?

long story short, I forgot to put the cover over my ecu, water +10 deg= fucked :sad

no big, got it home dried it out and fired right up

oh not good. should build a sealed box for the ecu. ive never liked how mk2 ecu’s just sit out there