RSX dead at 85k

Literally cannot even believe this happened. I was heading down to the Katie O’Byrnes block party the other night with a few friends, and then suddenly I wasn’t. My engine apparently seized (correct me if I’m using the wrong term), and everything stopped. I got it towed to a shop who informed me that, as I thought, I had thrown a rod. I’m not really sure where to go from here, so I’m asking for suggestions or even help. Do I bother looking for a K20A2, say fuck it and part her out (omg D:) or pay 2 car loans?

Also, the fuck caused this? I drove it hard from time to time, but rarely redlined and never hit the rev limiter. I thought I had pulled water into the engine a few weeks back, but it turns out it was just my battery being a homo. Anyways, thanks for letting me vent.

Sorry dude.

Time for a 2JZ swap with a 71mm billet on E85.

That sucks man.

Depends on how much you owe on it. K20’s can be found a tad cheaper now a days but selling it blown up wont get you much money at all

Yeah, I really want to stay away from a part out or selling it all explodey. I found a K20a2 on clubrsx for 2500, but don’t exactly know what I would need to do a swap to type-s.

An ecu and your wiring would prolly work. If not a wiring harness from a type s

Let me guess, cold air intake and you hit a big puddle last week and sucked in water? did it stall? If you crank it hydrolocked, you will bend a rod easy, then once it runs again with that bent rod its only a matter of time.

Word. I’m waiting on an estimate from the shop… What I might just do is have them install a K20A3, as it’ll drop right in, and sell the hell out of the stupid thing. Hopefully I can at least break even on my loan (sans repairs) and get a newer Si. This sucks, lol.

some piece of the puzzle is missing here. In for carnage pics. when it died did it go BANG clank clank clank? or just shut right off and not turn over if you tried to start it again?

one is a broken rod, one is siezed up like a brick. big diff

Heh, I thought I had hydrolocked it, but they looked at it and said it was fine. Think they lied?

Gotcha, wasn’t aware of the difference. I’m almost positive it made a pretty damn loud BANG when it stopped. Oil was spattered all over where the filter is, and it left a pretty good pool of it in the road. When trying to turn it over, it just made an awful grinding noise.

edit - I’ll try and snag pics today.

Ohh yeah you threw a rod then and punched a hole in the block

when you said you think you sucked in water, explaine how and what you did after.

I bet the rod bent and stressed after the fact and finally let go. have him remove the busted rod and the pieces he can gather up from it and post a pic we can tell you instantly what happened.

my money is on bent then broke.

Word, will do. But I was down on Erie Blvd near the old concrete plant. The sewer must have been backed up because it was a fucking LAKE. I left it in 4th and moved to the middle lane where it was definitely not reaching my fender, and didn’t even consider touching the accelerator. Thennn it shut off. It didn’t sputter or sound like it was trying to keep going, it just stopped. Electronics were still fine, but then it didn’t start right back up. I got it pushed off the road (with help from someone with a blue EM1 civic), and let it sit for a few minutes. After probably 10 minutes, it started up just fine. It seemed like it was idling a little bit rough, so I brought it where I always get work done and they said it was completely fine. I’m out of work at 5, so I’m going to head down there and try to get those pics.

You can buy low mileage k20a3’s for like 600 bucks so dont let the shop fuck you over

Holy shit. WTB. Where would I get that installed around here, Synapse?

Id install it for ya.

Yeah do tell. I want one too.

Ill start looking now. I see them all the time for well under 1000. Synapse could do it, Wayne could do it, hell even I could swap it. They are pretty straight forward. When I get back home Ill start finding some closer to the area

Wanye does good work and is a Honda fag as well. :lol

Wayne is my dedicated mechanic.