Small Buiness Phone services?

So any recommendations on a business phone company to go with? Basically I need a setup that will allow menu options, voicemail, phone number I can pick.

Thanks, sorry for the stupid business questions being this is a car forum :slight_smile:

I’ve had Verizon forever. At one point, I went with a business plan with them and got a pretty decent discount through NPP (National Purchasing Partners or something like that). Some sort of business partnership they have. They don’t know I’ve closed the business so I still get a discount on the base costs and discounts on phones and accessories. I know someone who was / is on here set me up, and sorry I forgot their name but it’s been over a decade.

I’ll have to give them a call.

Are all phone services through the internet? What do people do when the power goes out now a days lol

these guys are local.

as are these guys

https://www.voipsupply.com/voip-buyers-guides

Thanks, I’ll give them a call.

Yep I have known the owners forever, they do a good job.

Darren and them are good people at Hover :tup:

I emailed them, they’re supposed to get back to me today.

I spoke with Hoover and they seem to have a great product thats competitive but it’s more than I need being only one person currently, so I need to find more options.

So setup google voice with voicemail?

You’re not multiple departments lol

I was recommended google phone I guess it might be worth while looking into.

I suppose a mobile phone would be nice. I just would prefer to have a few prompts for people to select so at 2am the phone doesn’t go off because someone wants to schedule or cancel an appointment, and they can just leave a message

You don’t need a google phone…You can put google voice on your current phone and it gives you a 2nd number.

You can setup a ring schedule to make it go straight to voicemail after hours.

Ah, I understand now. I’ll look into it thanks! You just earned yourself a discount on a furnace tune up lol

he can hook you up with free time warner service too :tup:

:tup: Now you just earned one too!

So I setup google voice to see how it is, and it’s pretty cool but the problem is, I can’t have a custom voice mail message to at least let the person leaving the message who they’re calling. It just says “the google subscriber is not available”.

It is pretty cool because you can hear their message while they leave it and you can answer it before their finished and talk to them.

Yes you can…

I didn’t see it in the settings on the app or on my computer?

https://support.google.com/voice/answer/115069?hl=en

I have a work cell phone, and sideline on that to answer personal calls on the same phone.

At home, I bought an Ooma device for like $40 when they had a sale. Its a little phone ATA with an answering machine integrated.

I plug it into a 9 dollar walmart cordless phone, and it works perfect. I am on the free plan but pay $4.50 per month for 911 fees, etc.

Unlimited calling and crystal clear. I would recommend them, have never had a problem.