Smells like alcohol!

aww how sweet. I’m glad I gave you -karma all those times.
And if you kill people, you’re not driving perfect.

I know people that have gotten DWI’s that fucked up their lives when they were in no way a danger to anyone on the road. I’m in the minority here, but this is one issue where people say one thing and do another.

I’m sure that every drunk who drives thinks that they are “driving perfect”.

so before you get in a car, how do you no if your good or not to drive. or me walking past that guy, not being able to see him driving, hearing later on the news the same guy get in an accident and kills someone. you know how shitty i would feel if that happened. i had the chance to stop it but didnt!

how would you feel personally if that was you, you had the chance to call the cops before he drove off. you dont end up doing it, and the guy kills someone that you hear about on the news. you being the person thinking that well myob, how would you feel.

dont mean to give you shit, its just something pretty serious!

If I was following him and saw him driving shitty, then I would. But you didn’t hear about an accident. So either he made it home OK, or he got the D-dub anyway, hopefully deservedly so.

There are functioning alcoholics out there that can drive with >.30 BAC and you would never know it. There are girls that can’t drive at a .01. One percentage does not fit all.

lol, well if there are alcoholics driving with a .30, then chances are that they’re also driving when they’re legitimately drunk, so i don’t think it’s an issue.

Like i said, i can’t imagine that a drunk often gets into the driver’s seat of a car with someone who is a good, sober, judge of their driving ability…

I just get reminded of the DARE cop that told us how he was working a checkpoint and watched a guy drive up fine, then had a 10 minute friendly conversation with him and didn’t sense the slightest thing wrong, no odor or anything, then his partner breathalyzed him as a formality and he blew a .31. Now that guy at a .08 could have gotten sent to prison and such when he really wasn’t a danger at all.
Like I said, in my experience, its a lot more the person than the percentage. Ive been sober following people who were drunk and seen both ends of the spectrum.

:word: I was out with some people the other night and the kid driving got so drunk I had to drive home, which was odd because I didn’t even really know the kid, he was my friends cousin, but I only had like 3 beers that night so I was good to drive… then we told the kid to just crash out or call a cab because he was so smashed he insisted on driving and got in his car and bounced before anyone could do anything to stop him.

He called us 3 days later and told us he wrecked his car, still tried to drive home, cop saw his car smoking because the rear wheels were almost completely locked up, pulled him over… DWI, and the car was considered totaled… and he thought he was driving just fine too. :tdown:

Yeah, ok, but just because he can carry on a conversation does not mean his judgment and reaction time isn’t impaired.

Shit, if they didn’t slow traffic down at all, I’d be a proponent of a full time checkpoint unit for every town… I’m sure it would be a great revenue generator.

I was coming in from my EX’s house on Grand Island. I called it in right at the tolls when they threw a 1-1.75 liter bottle out the sunroof and going from one yellow line to the other. The cops kept transferring me to the next PD and I finally gave up at the fucking Galleria where they swiped a guard rail and came to a stop.

Old people have shitty judgment and reaction time too. Probably worse than your average person in their 20’s with a .08-.10. Can we have a full time checkpoint for them?
Actually, that wouldn’t be a bad idea…

I am also a proponent of a 60+ mandatory road test…

+1
Too bad young people don’t vote, and if they do it is not for the right party.

:picard:

Where is the option for “mug him”.

i didnt mean it like that, i meant it as if he followed the guy he could be putting himself in harm also. but personally i would of called the cops

That whole situation depends…

If I were drunk or whatever walking through a grocery store and a DD had driven me there and was planning on driving me back I’d be pretty pissed if someone called the cops on me. That definitly falls under it’s none of your business.

However if you see the person get into a car in the parking lot and start swerving all over the place or something then that’s a different story. You probably should call the cops in that case.

my neighbor baught himself a brand new custom built harley for his birthday after his divorse was all settled. The first day he had it on the road a drunk 17 yr old ran a stop sign and plowed into him. He hasn’t walked in 5 years.

There was that old commercial that said something like a drunk driver is a loaded weapon. Most bars have the numbers for cabs that you can call if your too wasted anyway. Call the worst thing that can happen is someone “doesnt” get hurt.