smells real rich

my car especially in the morning, smells really sweet and gas like, you know how gas has that sorta sweet but sickening smell to it. no codes or nothing are showingn no chekc engine light

so what are you saying? u just telling everyone that your running rich? woho. :rolleyes:

u sure its not coolant smell?
cuz that is pretty sweet too :lol:

sorry spec, to clarify i ment to ask for suggestions on what it might be, how would coolant get into the exhaust?

Welcome to start up procedure, she’ll run rich until your warmed up. Or does she stay rich?

head gasket maybe?

still seams sorta rich, not as noticable though, but really bad at the beginning, i’ll try and pay attention after it has been runing for awhile to see if it is still rich, so the altima is bad for starting up rich? what about 500-550 kms to the tank, 50L tank, with easy normal driving?

that about comparable to what i get per tank but i rip around a bit.

ok, then i am not worried, my easy driving isn’t exactly old man driving, so that is good to know, thanks everyone

what about 500-550 kms to the tank, 50L tank, with easy normal driving?

Thats actually pretty good gas milage, i wouldnt work about the exhaust smelling funny if it seems to be running well.

^haha good gas mileage for u i bet… if i had a turbo id probably need a spare gas tank lol.

Your a fag buddy, 10l/100km is pretty damn good for a old 4 banger 4 door car. My uncles 98 Civic gets that in the city.

LOL i never said it was bad… reading>you

Def. I spend $50 per week on gas, and I don’t even drive it too often, 200miles and tank is empty. :lol:

ok cool, i like the sound of that then, so the smell only happens when it starts, smell goes away, after warmed up.

Your catalytic convertors are probably wearing out. The cats don’t really work until warmed up anyway, but if you have any left they probably aren’t cleaning the exhaust as well as they should. Either way, no big deal.

ok wicked, as far as i know they still original