SMP Death?

Word on the street is a local Toronto boy 17 years of age Died
Sometime within the last week at Shannonville Motorsport Park?

Anyone got any details on this story?

theres limited info on the bottem of the page

http://www.crimealerts.net/napanee.htm

there were 2 bike deaths in the last 3 weeks.

1 was a older guy at shannonville who died while riding then crashed his bike as a result.

the other is the son of michelle murcier who runs the FAST riding school for motorcyclists.

both are sad events in the eyes of bikers and have caused some including a good friend of mine to drop bike racing

GT

oh my… i was tracking that night with TSC… my gosh i didnt relize that happened…

awfull to hear.

Andrew.

Ontario Provincial Police                               

86 Advance Avenue                                               Time:   09:30 am

Napanee, Ontario                                           

K7R 3Y5

CRASH AT RACEWAY KILLS YOUTH

(Tyendinaga Township, Ontario) –

A 17-year-old Quebec boy is dead following a collision at Shannonville Motorsport Park, Tyendinaga Township, late yesterday afternoon. On Sunday, June 12th, shortly after 4:00 pm, round three of the RACE Super Series turned tragic when a young driver lost control of his motorcycle in the second lap.

Maxime MERCIER was riding a Yamaha R6 600cc bike in the amateur race. It is believed that MERCIER was approaching a corner when he leaned into the turn and struck another driver who was attempting to overtake him. According to witnesses the bike and MERCIER suddenly flipped into the air and came crashing down on the track.

MERCIER was transported to Belleville General Hospital by ambulance for treatment. Unfortunately, Mercier succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead at approximately 6:20 pm. A post mortem is scheduled for this morning.

The OPP are continuing the investigation with the assistance of a Forensic Identification Unit. The motorcycle has been secured and will be examined by an OPP Regional Forensic Auto Examiner. The investigation continues under the direction of the Coroner.

Ill never ride a motorcycle. I had a friend kill himself in front of me and about 30 other people by crashing at abour 90 kms into a bank. I still have a shirt stained with engine oil from when his bike smashed into the wall and blew apart, sadly, he was thrown into the same spot on the wall a millisecond before and it hit him at the same time.

His own stupid fault and nothing anyone could have done for him, but ill keep it behind a windsheild…drive carefully bikers.

Maxime Mercier will be dearly missed and was a son to Michel and Odette Mercier. They started the FAST school at Shannonville and have been responsible for cranking out hundreds of racers over the years.

Max was really getting fast and at his age, was an amazing rider.

This was his first year of AM600 and was racing SV cup last year.

That report is horseshit. There was a lot more than just a rider error.

RIP Maxime.