snow tires?!

I have been running the same Nokian Hakkapellitas for 4 years including entire winters plus rallycrosses. They’re incredible.

I chorded a new set of Blizzak WS-50’s in 2.5 months driving under the same conditions. Granted I do beat the crap out of my car and slide it around on snow and gravel all the time. These tires would last longer in just about anyone else’s hands, but I gave the Nokian’s the same abuse and they lasted 4 seasons. My wife actually left them on after this winter and is STILL driving on them now because they have solid tread left. The Blizzak’s gripped better in rain, but were not quite as good in the snow unless it was super wet and slushy. The new Nokian’s are better in the rain though, so I’m guessing they’re just better all the way around in addition to lasting a ton longer.

The option I recommend for those who don’t want to pony up for either of these more expensive tires are the Winterforce tires from Bridgestone. They work MUCH better than any other moderately priced snow tire I’ve run across and far better than any all-season in the snow.

I sell all these tires and more, so when the time comes give me a hollar. :slight_smile:

-Mike