Snowboarders pass pulled *vid* (snowbasin uproar)

snowbasin
We at Snowbasin Resort had an incident yesterday for which we have received much deserved criticism. We are frankly embarrassed by this situation and have taken measures to prevent this type of incident occurring in the future. Snowbasin strongly believes in treating all of our guests with respect. We strive to deserve the respect and exceed the expectations of everyone visiting our resort.
Like · · Share · 4 hours ago ·
170 people like this.
21 shares

anyone here actually care?

Skiiers who suck can suck all they want, got no problem with them as they don’t sit in the middle of the hill like fucking idiots, they’re in a full tuck with jeans and bills jackets, or full camo/carhartt suits.

Saw a guy skiing in jeans and 1990 Starter Bills pullover last year.

The pullovers hold more cold Labbats Blue in that pouch pocket than the zip up Starter jackets.

LOL

Well I live about an hr away from that resort… and WAS going to go check it out this season; but I think I’ll leave that off my “to-ride” list.

In the video the guy that originally stopped him was a ski instructor - has no voice in telling you to stop. The ski patrol didnt see the situation and immediately started giving the rider hell. If you continue to watch. You will see Skiers go past the ones getting yelled at faster down the hill than the snowboarder was.

Everyone has to learn somewhere. Unfortunately, the hills around here arent big enough like the mountains to which you have much more room to have them spread out a lot more. I see skiers always standing in the middle of runs or having to dodge skis, poles, etc. lol

The biggest thing I cant stand about skiers, they always feel its necessary to ride slowly over jumps and stand directly in the way of the landing.

Nope, gotta sit 30 deep with your homies on the takeoff adjusting your straps for half an hour, scrub off so much speed, make sure the takeoff is PURE ice, and then go around it b/c you got speed wobbles. This is worse than pole whacking at the top of The Wall…

OK well I did respond but because of our sweet forum having loading problems every other time on me here… It didnt post.

I’m the one that will strap in at the top… ride down to where everyone is waiting their turn to hit the jumps. I’ll hit the first jump, clear it blind, then maintain the speed to hit the next jumps to follow. If not, I vear off and get out of the way, or ride down to the bottom.

You know little jimmy riding with mom and dad goes up the jump on his skis, either cant make it over and slides back down sideways, or on his hip since he fell over… dragging all the snow with him. If he does make it over. he rounds the jumps off and stops/slugs his way off the landing. Pisses me off every time. Go find a little bump and try jumping that first. Mom… Dad. No place to bring your kid if they arent going to attempt the actual jump.

I love that kid!!! full tuck on snowblade fggtry, not enough steam to clear the 12’ tall kicker, lip DESTROYED.

It doesn’t matter what you ride, there will always be assholes on both.

Except for the SnowDawgs or whatever they were? Clip onto a ski boot and aren’t a snow blade, but just plastic to slide down the hill… they don’t fit in anywhere.

Let’s face it a good majority (like 95%+) of tards on the hill are boarders. There really is no denying that.

The majority of people on the hills period are boarders…

I’m surprised they even allow that shit on the mountains

This is retarded. The comments are from retarded kids mostly.

The video conveniently doesn’t show what caused him to call them to the side. I guarantee they were filming, and it wasn’t as innocent as they’d like to portray. This is retarded.

-edit-

just watched the second vid - what did he expect, skiing 2 feet in front of a staff member working with a small child. seems like he should be reminded to not be a moron. there was plenty of room to go plenty of other places.

It was definitely a stupid move. He went between the instructor and a small child. If he landed out of control, he could have collided with the small child and seriously injured him/her. Bad judgement call no matter how small/lame of a jump it was.

I think most of the issue is that even though he was probably in the wrong, nobody deserves to be berated by staff members. He wants to take the pass away? fine, state why you are taking the pass and move on. The mountain is probably pissed off that their staff member treating the kid with disrespect. You have to remember that even though he was in the wrong, he is still a paying customer.

I’m a long time boarder.

Fuck anyone that is in my way.

And I snow anyone that is sitting down.

:shrug: I’ll admit I haven’t listened to the video, so I’m sure the guy went overboard but…

Most people act like tards.

If you see someone acting like a tard, which kids with video cameras usually are doing, then its fully within his right and duty to kick them out and give them the riot act. The safety of the other people is more important, not some kids feelings. I’m sure that guy has carried more people down the mountain in stretchers because of someone elses actions than he cares to remember. Its infuriating. I know my friend got taken out by an out of control kid and ended up with a busted elbow and missing the rest of the ski trip. If I break my own ass, fine. If someone else breaks my ass, fuck them. And that is what he is there to do, protect the other people. Thats what the rules are for.

Its a private facility, that kid has no “right” to be there. Some things aren’t fair, good lesson to learn.

Just listened to it.

lol@"Shut your fucking mouth. "

Kids kept going on, “we didn’t get a warning” yea, you don’t get warnings. Its their discretion. If you’re going to keep trying to talk him out of it, he’s going to think you’re a douche. If the kid had just shut up and gone to the bottom he probably would have gotten his pass back and it all would have been avoided. I’m sure that guy sees 150 snot nosed kids that mommy and daddy dropped off in their benz each day.

The first staffer very clearly explained why he was stopping them, and why his argument didn’t matter. Continuing to run his mouth was going to do nothing but make it worse.