Snowpocalypse '14-'15 - Now 13 Deaths

Yea where are you its sticking right now in Lancaster

Pleasure meeting you!

And in other news, I’m now prepared to do my own plowing at home. Beats paying $1500/year, and getting my driveway/lot torn up in the process.

I hope it snows 100 feet.

^Better chance of the place closing i take it?

I just really enjoy snow days. I am not an adult.

Only time my job closes is if there is a driving ban other than that were open.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Just in case this snow makes people want to go on a cruise I guess they better not. lol 172 people with Norovirus?!?

Yeah, it’s got to be really bad for this place to close too, as it should be. We live in WNY and getting to work when it snows is just part of living here.

Last year I got to work twice and then they closed the college…I come in early by like 6:30, and I stayed for about 3 hours before they told us we were closing. That’s aggravating as fuck.

That is why I hope for 100 feet!

:io:

100 feet would stop my snowmobile though. Hoping this year we get at least one of those storms where all the roads in my neighborhood are closed/impassible to vehicles so I can rip around Williamsville on the snowmobile.

Earlier in Lackawanna the streets were just wet maybe a little bit of slush. Now I’m in cheektowaga near union road and just wet streets. The grass it’s sticking a little and not melting but streets just seem wet to me, a bit slippery though.

There is a certain local reporter I follow because she used to do sports coverage. She is now a “reporter” in the streets. This is what she’s reporting and it’s comical to me:

“A wet snow accumulation on the roads creating slick spots in Aurora”

was in EVL over the weekend - there was quite a bit of snow between thurs-sat

I’d like for it to stick, I love snowstorms, I have a truck so I’m not worried about any level of snow…well I guess we will see if one day we get enough to get me stuck. I was able to get around the last few years even with the 4feet of snow that we once and awhile got.

^me too. I think with the snow falling now, it will cool the ground and will eventually stick over night. I’m basing this on my years of experience watching weathermen pull a forecast out of their ass.

I am willing to settle for 10 feet

There’s less on the ground outside of office window now than there was at 7am when I got here and it’s been lightly snowing all day.

The winter weather advisory that was supposed to be in effect until 5pm has been canceled.

Lake effect snow warning is still in effect though, starting at 5pm tonight until 1pm Wednesday and still calling for 2-3 feet in most persistent bands.

I really hope we get hammered. I could use a day off