Snowpocalypse?!?!

A coworker is crying to my boss about working from home because the drive from n.Buffalo to Amherst is going to be to hard. :picard:

I realize I’m spoiled by my 2.1 mile drive to work, but when I lived in the City of Tonawanda and worked in Williamsville I didn’t call in over a little snow. You get up early and give yourself an extra 30 minutes.

My fiancee works In Cheektowaga and drives in from Alden. She has another co worker that lives like 10 minutes away, and consistently “can’t make it in” because the drive is so bad. My fiancee on the other hand has driven in early to cover shifts on the same day she’s called in. I’ll cut you some slack if you’re from Arizona or something, but come on people…it snows here.[COLOR=“Silver”]

I just spent 3 days digging out b/c they didn’t plow my street… I’ve since moved onto a main street that will actually see a plow, and now have absolutely no care. New snowblower, self employed, soon to work from home, eff it… lol.

So in essence, first you have the people that whine about a little snow fall. Then you have those people that whine about people whining about the snow fall :wink: lol

4x4 and living in the country = staying away from all the idiots in the city. My doctor just called and canceled my appt for tomorrow because of the storm. Fine by me, Im off today and tomorrow and I just rented Assassins Creed. I’ll be hiding in my man cave all day/night.

just heard west seneca schools are off tomorrow…wtf?

They just closed all of CAT here Peoria. They closed schools last night for today and tomorrow. The snow just started at 11:30am this morning. You think WNY is freaking out, you should see Illinois.

18 inches is only scary when it’s attached to a large black man while you’re in jail. This is just snow … it means buy more beer and don’t drive like a douche.

So in essence, by you posting about those people, you’ve become the whiner who points out the people who are whining about the ones whining about a little snow fall? :bacon: :fruit:

I just want some sweet drifting action

Hopefully they cancel classes tomorrow. I could make some money being out plowing all day. I’ve already committed to taking off class till 4, but there is a important lab I don’t feel like missing.

http://sharing.wivb.com/sharewlin//photo/2011/02/01/Winter-Weather_Gree_20110201113606_640_480.JPG

Post your Shift_ jokes.

EX: Shift_ Ground clearance.

Another satellite picture:

http://sharing.wivb.com/sharewlin//photo/2011/02/01/Winter-Weather_Gree(2)_20110201104904_640_480.JPG

2741 is impervious to snow I guess.

http://sharing.wivb.com/sharewlin//photo/2011/02/01/Winter-Weather-MO_Gree_20110201102418_640_480.JPG

^^^awesome haha.

i’m probably more excited then anyone for this storm. hopefully we get dumped on, itll be awesome for the trails. they were getting pretty thin.

now to wait and see if the office closes tomorrow, and then to see if BSC cancels it’s evening classes. i would much rather go braaaping all day.

GOOD F’ing lord…

Ken ton schools are closed tomorrow.

I blame it on personal injury lawyers…

LOL well duh. It’s on it’s way to do God’s bidding. It’s going to providence.

Definition of PROVIDENCE
1a often capitalized : divine guidance or care b capitalized : God conceived as the power sustaining and guiding human destiny
2: the quality or state of being provident
Examples of PROVIDENCE
<practicing its customary providence, the snowbound family was able to make the meager stores last until help arrived>
<had the providence to lay in supplies before the storm hit>

I was just picturing this one plane with a giant snow plow on the front.

Meh, I won’t care until I wake up only to find out I don’t have to report to work tomorrow. Ken-ton, Grand Island, Cheektowaga and bunch of other schools are cancelled, Lancaster won’t until 5:30am knowing how it usually works with us.

I’m still calling BS

We process work for a site in Delaware. They have been closed about 4 times this year due to snow. They are wusses.

The Buffalo site never closes, or at least hasn’t closed in the 5 years I have worked for them.