So I am watching Nascar at the Glen...

And they’ve spent more air time covering the fucking pit stops then they have the race.

What the fuck?

I figured I’d give it a shot since its a road course… but I’ve watched 9 laps and have yet to see a pass, or really any action away from the main straight.

Seriously, in the last 20 minutes there has been ~16 minutes of pit lane coverage.

How in the world can people watch this shit?

The pits are where a lot of positions change depending on pit times and shit like that.

you didnt see gordon and johnson pass busch? what race are you watching?

I realize that… and I can appreciate how much of a role strategy plays.

But IMO that’s not really exciting racing. Driver skill > pit crew skill

nope. was that when they were showing a commentator demonstrating how Jeff Gordons radio plugs into the car? Or when they were talking about the difference between the 730 & 850 carb?

1 n.

glen w/the boot > nascar glen

sorry, typo. yea I was kinda thinking that to, but eh… figured i’d give it a shot since it wasn’t a fucking oval.

:lol:

road course is the shittiest form of NASCAR.
Watch bristol or martinsville, thats where the action is.
\I slept thru a glen race before sitting in the back straight stands.
NASCAR is LOUD. Thats how boring the glen is.

i wish I could ban

Watching Nascar makes me feel poor.

sick ass crash just a few mins ago

I’ve been to 5 NASCAR races. The worst track I’ve been to is Pocono. The traffic in & out was awfull. Waited 2.5 hours in traffic in & 2.5 to leave. Paid $75 per ticket, about avg but the seats are all in a straight line. Most tracks stagger them so fans can see something. It is almost impossible to see the front straightaway, you can catch a glimpse around the turns, about 3/4 mile away or right in the front as they pass @ 180+ mph. You have no idea who’s car just went past. @ speed, they all look alike. The worst thing is there are no seat backs. Just a flat aluminum bench. I’ve had 2 back surgerys & after a couple hours of that we had to leave. They rented “chair backs” @ $ 25.00 each. By the time I figured this out they were all sold out. Never again. I’ve done Daytona, that was setup nice. Good view & a giant high def T.V. billboard in the infield to see the action on the other side of the track. Several park & ride lots, they bused you in / out. Got to the track in 1/2 hour & out in 45 min. Martinsville was cool, Darlington is an old track with the same kind of parking problems.

ohhhh snap, did you see that lane change!!!

just watching the end of the race…that crash was nasty

I dvr’d it.

I wanted more in car footage, I was curious about the speeds they hit in the all over the track.

Rofl at this thread.

We were watching some telemetry at the track today.

145ish at the end of the front straight
170 top speed before the bus stop
125 after turn 2 up the hill

I was there with Jeller, Mrs. Jeller, and Xander. They got the Jaeger Experience. :smiley:

what I would give to be kyle bush…or in his shoes atleast… the kid is killing it

Ya know, I actually thought that we were hated because we think similarly but then you have to say something like this. What possibly could be running through your mind?

i was there i got frigging soaked from the storm last night. i guess that everyone missed jr. pass on kb. anyway if any of you went in to the sprint simulator, i was 69th over all fastest time my first race 46.something

You’d really want to be abbreviated on every sports program in the country as KY Busch? :gotme:
besides, Johnson is going to win it in the chase again.

when i’m making $40+ million…you, or espn can call me whatever.