so i get a notice in the mail today..

saying that my nys license is suspended on so and so day…

but i have had a Virginia license for almost a month now…

should i disregard the note.

I wouldn’t… check with the NYS DMV on how they deal with stuff like this.

Is it from a ticket? You might find yourself in trouble if you don’t take care of it.

other states will run a state wide dmv check… it will haunt you… call up nys and get it taken care of.

Why is it getting suspended?

well wouldn’t when i got my new license when i moved they would of said something about the unpaid tickets or whatever.

do you want to take the chance?

no, just don’t drive in NYS.

fixed

You should def. call the NYS DMV to find out what the suspension is a all about. Dont disregard the letter… it could come back and kick you in the nutz.

+1

+2

They “don’t drive, there” “you are fine now” “don’t worry about it” crap is the stupidest shit that I’ve ever read and it is posted on here on a daily basis :rx3:

+3

My favorite is “I’ve done it and had no problems”

I have, my I currently have no privileges in NYS from that fine after X amount of points, asked the IL DMV (former license) they knew nothing about it, told me not to worry about it being resolved, asked current state (TX) about it, they knew nothing about it and my driving record was clean when they ran it when I got my new license. The only thing I was worried about was them sending me to collections, but for some reason they have no idea how to send me a currents statement, asked for over a year, so I gave up.