So I'm gonna start my own company and beat whitey to being a millionaire...

Pool Management company. The hotel I work at decided that it wasnt worth it to have a full time pool manager, so they axed my managerial status and are making me work as a lifeguard AND do all of the other stuff I was doing before. Since the management experience is the only reason I was there, I think its time to move on to bigger and better things.

I can do this. This summer I basically ran my own mini pool management company. Interviewed, hired, fired, trained, set policy, managed day to day operations of 6 pools/spas, had a staff of ~15, and a certified pool operator/lifeguard/cpr/first aid trainer. I just did it inside an already established organization.

Theres only two pool mgmt. companies in the area, and they all give terrible service. Bascially my company will provide lifeguards and pool operators to pool in the area. Handle all the day to day operations of the pool. Cleaning/chemicals/health department compliance… all that shit. My roomate works for one of the big established companies.

I’ll give one example.

Theres a pool that needs 2 guards and one pool attendant in town. They go through American Pools Inc. The contract is for $110,000. The only real expenses are labor (~$40K, being generous), and chlorine (about $5,000).

So theres about a $60K profit they make. Of course, they have attornies, manager, supervisors, company cars, offices and shit they have to pay for. I wont have any of that.

I plan to take on about 10 pools as clients. If i make half the profit as the pool in the example, I’ll bank about $300,000 my first year. I’m extremely serious about all of this, so over the next couple months I may be asking for some help from you guys. Graphic design for our logo, website design, business cards, vinyl for the company van… stuff like that.

Wish me luck bitches!

IB :gives:

startup capital?

cool, hope it works out

IByourebrokeaftertwoweeksandcrawlingbacktopittsburgh

:smiley:

don;t blow it all on pot.

good idea… let me know how i can help. i am sure i can help you with a good amount of the backend biz side of it

a company like that did the pool at highland cc.

They made bank and didnt do shit

there is a guy doing something like that in Pittsburgh with hockey refs. all the rinks and leagues outsource to him, pay him a fee for his scheduling and a rate per game. then he trains and schedules refs… he is doing pretty well. GOOD LUCK!

the Knaus Puckdroppers

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Good luck w/ your venture! Just make sure you collect a percentage upfront from the companies/client to be able to buy the materials/pay salaries while waiting on payment in full. Hubby runs his own business, does very well (flooring contractor–will do over $1.5M in sales this year, 4th year of owning business) but the thing that sucks when starting up is waiting to get paid from one company so that you can buy materials for the next job for the next client. Once you have a good cashflow it gets so much easier.

fshowcars has a good point, get a loan or something to start your company up.

IByoudowell

flooring contractor, eh?

sounds good. good luck man.

sounds great but no one will give you a loan, new company no collateral. save up your money for a couple months and feel free to solicite customers before you actually have ‘started’ the company. just undercut the competition, get some solid conversations under your belt for upcoming contracts and hit it hard in January.

Good Luck Hope it works out for ya

he will definitely get a loan, i have no doubts about it.

Just start working on your buisness plan now, and I will show you how to get the money you need to start the biz.

shouldnt even need a loan. My brother has 4 grand in savings bonds he wants to invest. That should easily cover all of my initial start up expenses like incorperating, business license, advertising… shit like that. And any pool that contracts with me will have to make a sizeable deposit before I have to throw around any real money for payroll. Besides a used van and a powerwasher, everything is nickel and dime stuff.

Im reading everything I can get my hands on to learn the behind the scenes legal/accounting mumbo jumbo. Its all greek to me, but I’m sure i can figure it out in the next few months. As always, all comments, concerns, advice, anecdotes are extremely welcome.

werd. Working 6 months out of the year and clearing a few hundred thousand for the win. Then once I have some capital to throw around, I’m thinking of opening up a storefront to sell chemicals, have office space, maybe expand to more pools, dip into residential pool upkeep, maybe even construction/heavy maintenance. Ocean City is blowing up. So much money to be made.

i run the service half of my families pool company so if you need anything let me know…good luck

(i’ll be moving to florida before december tho)

shit you have capital already do it and don’t look back. besides payroll can be done by any small in house acct that does returns for like $50 a month, and accting can be handled with excel for a small company. do it dude. hell it sounds like a good idea, if i had some cash free i’d be interested in buying into it.

i know legal junk, or can ask someone about it.