so i've been inspired by track day

im not looking to buy a dedicated track car. im looking for a car that offers the following: i want a car thats quick in a stright line, stands out, can be my summer DD (or all year car, depends what it is) and something that i can have a little fun with on the track (i would prob only hit up the trace 2 or 3 times a sumemr mayb a few more).

Howie, i like the S2000, i just cant really spend more than ~10 grand on a car, and im worried any S2K i could pick up for that ammount of mey would be REALLY high milage and be beat.

Think about it this way :

I fill up my tank, get like, 250 (pretty much mostly city) miles per tank, pay 35 bucks ish.

You probably pay a shit ton more in gas. When you think about how much money you will spend modding a car to get it to something you want - you will have above and beyond spent what the s2000 offers to you, in stock, unmolested, WARRANTIED form.

sorry, its now officially a project truck

and what do you mean by :snky: redneck mobile? :stuck_out_tongue:

unless we let it go out for one last hurrah before the entire suspension gets overhauled (:snky: 3/4 drop, built 7.5 10 bolt, and poly FTW :snky: )

that term REALLY scares me LOL

After looking into it why are all the 300ZX owners agianst it?

An ITS prepared Z31 should be less than 1:14 at Dunnville. (as Grayson Upchurch is faster the Greg Amy and Greg Amy is hella faster than me).

That’s SOHC NA with very limited mods, stock brakes, 7 inch wide wheels and 2865 lbs.

A NA Z32 should be able to put down comparable times even with the additional weight. Actually the NA Z32 should be about a couple seconds faster as it is being placed in ITR.

exactly why I want an S2000 so bad. don’t need to touch it, warranty, and somewhat affordable.

Pffttt… Body-roll only scares the driver. :wink:

I’m really curious about the finances of all this. I don’t know you or your financial situation, so I may be way off base (and I certainly don’t mean to be insulting) but it seems like you’re trying sell the Dakota, then use that cash to pay off debt, buy a reliable DD, buy a 300ZX, swap in a twin turbo VG30 and still do some supporting track mods. :bloated: I assume you have another $10,000+ to go with the money from the truck sale if you think this is realistic. FYI (I took a guess at your truck’s mileage, options, and condition):
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b76/BikerFry/Dakota.jpg

the guy thats wants to buy it is willing to pay my price. i said i wasnt dead set on selling it, and this is my price, take it or elave it. and he offered within $500 of my asking price. im prob gonna take it. i kno what my truck is worth in the condition its in. beleive it or not, in other parts of the country these trucks are in high demand AND most of them are loaded with miles and have the shit beat out of them. people are willing to pay more for an extrememly clean truck like mine.

Cool. Good luck. One way or another you’re going to wind up with something nice. :tup:

my car is for sale right now if I can sell it within the next couple days;

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?p=307069#post307069

keep teh truck

dont sell it
slam it

boost it

have something very few people have

do suspension mods

autocross it

run a certain turbo s-10

lose :stuck_out_tongue:

???

profit

I was in the same place you were a while back, wanted something smaller, easier to mod, cheap and fast. Bottom line, i know s-10’s like the back of my hand, theyre easy to work on. the motors are strong as fuck, they last forever and they take to boost like a fat kid to cake. not to mention the aftermarket for the s-10 rivals that of the DSM.

If i were in your shoes, id keep it, you got a smaller(ish) vehicle with a damn strong motor in it. Some overhaul of the suspension and it would be perfect to autoX, some motor mods and mild boost and youll be pushin over 450+ HP. Its your decision, but i wouldnt sell the truck, your gonna end up regretting it.

yes u can have mine for that 8k you’ll have

didnt u want like 6 for it?

buy ColdAccords BMW

id prob do 6, sure

bah, no use even talking about it…i wouldnt even buy something untill spring anway at this point…

please ban yourself until spring.

yes.

fiero
mr2
del sol
tbird SC
96+ cobra
miata

lots of options for cars that handle themselfs decent in the twisties… just have to decide if you want more power at the sacrafice of a little handling or vice versa

lol

yes.