So I've got this 747 I want to take pictures of....

I bet buzzing over ground zero with it would make for a great photo op.

:picard:

Someone really needs to get fired over this.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/04/27/low.flying.plane/index.html

Fox has some good video of it cruising around, F16 in chase. No idea why people in NYC would be worried when they see a 747 being chased by an F16 buzzing around the city. Did something happen there in the past with a plane that I’m forgetting? /sarcasm

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/04/27/white-house-official-apologizes-air-force-photo-op-new-york-city/

but it was on fox news… I dont think its true

I am just unclear as to whether they wanted to take pictures of Air Force One, or was there someone in the plane taking pictures of ground zero?

^ It was for pictures of the plane from what I’ve read. To update the file footage of Air Force One.

See, Obama IS a terrorist after all!

i dont understand why they didnt just take pictures of the plane higher and then photoshop it lower… ie use a helicopter (seen all over NYC skyline) to snag the low altitude backround pictures, and get a chase plane to take the higher altitude pictures… then photoshop togother

So they couldn’t take pictures somewhere else of the plane?

I didn’t read the article but saw this on the news, I did hear how ever that they told people that they were going to do the fly by, or at least the businesses in the buildings. but still, not cool if you ask me.

:tinfoilhat:

They didn’t tell anyone. The port authority wasn’t informed… hell, the mayor didn’t even know. The FAA and the military knew and informed the NYPD but specifically told them not to tell anyone. :roflpicard:

New York Police Deputy Commissioner Paul J. Browne said the department had been alerted to the flight by the federal agency “with directives to local authorities not to disclose information about it.”

I see how this could be upsetting…however DC has all kinds of air traffic around the Pentagon and no one cringes…

sorry, just went with what i heard on the news last night.

sounds like they are looking for new builds to “bring down”

Meh, there are better buildings, architecurally, but that is pretty bad ass. I want to visit New York someday.

I bet this was a military exercise and the photo story is a cover.

Obama left the keys in Air Force One and some asshole took it for a joyride.

He’s going to launch a full-scale investigation then find out it was his kid.

:word:

that was 9-11

Glad you saw where I was going with this. :slight_smile:

:snky: