so much money

why do soooo may people spend all this time, money and energy into their cars and then sell them? im just wondering because i notice alot of people put thousands into it, drop an sr or w.e then sell it a month later?

whats the point then of even doing any of this? i know some people like to build and then re build, but what about the rest of you? do u find its too much money to maintain or what??

seriously wondering about this

-robattire

the build is half the fun
seriously
a lot of people enjoy working on cars

thats why i said i know some of them like to build, but what about the other? please read the post then reply…instead of mentioning things i allready mention :idea:

-robattire

I think he meant that it’s the ONLY reason people do so.

It’s all in the build. I know once I’m done building my car (however many years away that is) I’ll sell it and move on.

Then there’s going to be the odd few that run into financial problems and are forced to sell, which is a sad story.

I sold cuz i wanted a new car, one with warranty, and im growing up. Ill have time for working on cars later. I just need a nice daily driver, one that wont suck my money.

I get bored faster than a blind, deaf guy who got paralized from the neck down.

haha im glad iget my excitment from driviing it rather than building it. huge loses of money here boys!!

Not always… but if you’re like me… then yes.
Gotta pay to play. :cry:

I enjoy driving too, but I still enjoy working on them.

I love driving first and foremost (street and track). Secondly, I like to work on it. I have looked a long time for this exact car. I can’t see myself selling anytime within the next 5 years. I don’t really care about the “scene” I bought my first 240 back in '99 and I got it because it has the perfect layout, mechanically and esthetically.

The only one who will be buying my car will be the insurance company, but that will only result in me purchasing another. (Knocks on wood)

Don’t let it discourage you. Atleast in Dips case he has picked up a nice s14 to do up now. As for the others, maybe the passion is gone? Due to whatever, that will differ between people, some have uncontrollable reasons and others don’t.

Anyways, do it cause you want to, not bacause everybody wants to.

im on my third s13, ive done alot of shit, just not anyhting very expensive, since i work minimum wage jobs, but i will have a nice s14 before i die

I dont plan on sellig my car anytime soon…

I always used to say that I’ll never sell my car. I’ll keep it until it becomes a collectable…

yeah…things tend to change in people’s lives. New ideas brew up, financial burdens arise, and many other hassles.

In my case, it simply isn’t feasible for me to own this car in the current situation I am in. School, no job, some guy named Bill keeps writing me, and owning 2 cars is simply out of the question. (winter beater and the 240). I realized that spending all of my money on a car i can’t enjoy year round is stupid, especially when i don’t have that money. So, I decided to sell it, lose all of the time and money invested, but knowing i will not put anymore into it as well. Right now, i simply need a car that is able to get me from A to B, nothing fancy with lots of power. Although i will grately miss that factor. But someday when i am settled down, i will get back into it and build one helluva slut.

Until that time comes, things need to change.

Depending on how I like the car after this winter, I’ll probably sell mine next year also… If not that, the year after for certain - I’m itching for a GTR… That DAMN J-Spec imports banner has almost sold me on a gtr TWICE NOW… .It’s driving me crazy haha, they’re so damn cheap.

Trying to hold off for R33 though… we’ll see.

some people do their cars up because of the fad, but its so frustrating that by the time they are done they just want their money back. thats the poseurs in most cases.

some guys do it to make money, which rarely happens with 240’s but its doable with other types of cars.

some guys just love to drive, im like that. I love driving my car, even with the stock KA I could drive all day long and not get tired of it. Once you do get tired of it, you modify to bring back some of the thrill, but you dont sell the car once your done if you truly love the car.

spilner said it the best, and sasha :lol:

its just about enjoying the car and drive even if its stock…just have fun, do a few mods, get bored do a few more…u can never be done a car theres always something that can be done to change it or make it faster, i guess this all answers the question…

if you enojoy working on it u work on it get bored of the car and sell it

but if you love the sport and driving and working on it then u are an enthusiast accross the board and just love your car

haha

-robattire

I brought this up a while ago. Seems like ppl have too much fun build up
cars, driving it for a few months and then selling it.

Fools I tell ya, fools.

And I won’t sell my car for quite some time, only because I will keep
dropping $ into it and keep pushing it until i feel like the motor/car has
had enough. :o

Seems like ppl get all excited over doing a stock SR swap and then selling
it because they think doing an SR swap over and over is fun. :roll:

i am a living gran turismo game.

GT

i feel the same as tyler, ive gone through 3 240’s already, im on my fourth and grabbing a 5th for winter. Right now, im obsessed with 240’s. I just love building mine, i think its a great hobby and keeps me occupied, way better than wasting my life on video games or something of that nature. It can put a hole in your pocket, sure but its all worth while when your driving a car you built and that your proud of. I can look back and say ive been there and done that with a car.

How about this idea:

Build an SR20DET, and then keep building it, improving its performance
every year?

Or is the knowledge lacking in building up a motor?

…oooorrrr if you’re tired of sr swaps, try something new, like, oh i dont know. ka-t perhaps? :wink:

and Gonad, don’t even start. :squintnono: