So my clutch cooked itself???

Repost from NEO

Long story alert lol***

Last nite (saturday) after driving home and washing the car before the drive out to st eustache today, upon leaving to go bowling lol i notice my gearbox isnt quite at par, with 3rd grinding quite frequently, but still pulling like it should, it had a tough time gettin into first when the car was idling…

ok makes it home that nite with little trouble, wake up in the morning, no problem, pulled fine, then on the way from place d’orleans to about ohhhh…about hawksbury, and its starting to act like the nite before, no problem, half way there, ill take the chance, get there good to go, its about 1030-1045, by the time the show is over its now about 1830 or so, and its been sitting in the hot sun all day (my car is also black with dark tints so im not sure if that helped to heat it up) but FUCK the damn thing was slipping like crazy, i had it “replaced” (notice the quotes) by someone my dad knows about 9 months ago or so, and comparitively im not that hard on my car,

so anyways, we tried to bleed it tonite with no success, now theres no pressure, but we flushed it letting tones of air in (stupid me) following the directions in chiltons (didnt have my fsm on my ppc handy) so im gonna trey to rebleed them again, and i bled it from the one on thew tranny first then the connecting box second, still cant get pressure on the pedal, it goes down and stays down lol kinda shitty

also, on a side note, that same mechanic took my car away the first time the clutch was done, he drove the car back to his shop in canotek from orleans WITHOUT the clutch, it was in the same type of situation as mine is now, however, the reson i ask is because since then my 3rd gear and 2nd gear would occaisionally grind with shifting at like 5800 or so, i never really went higher

not quite sure what else to try, did i bleed them in the right order??? thanks

i rebled the clutch, absolutely no air was seen leaving the system for multiple bleeds, still no pressure on the clutch, doesnt spring back up, what else can i try to get this working agian,

If everything is in order bleeding wise then you could have broken your pressure plate which would explain why the clutch isnt coming back up after you depress it. just a thought.

how would something luike this happen from sitting in the heat for 8 hours, i mean it was driveable, then i came back after watching driftmania and the clutch was slipping, i dunno, maybe just time to re-replace my clutch again

Very unlikely something like a broken pressure plate could happen if it was working one minute and then not.

The thing is, if you have checked your master and slave, both are not leaking, and bled the line to make 100% sure there is no air and you still have a clutch pedal that doesnt come back up then 99% of the time it means something is broken somewhere.

I think youre going to have to drop the tranny to find out.

pedal bracket bending ? that COULD happen hence mine bent THAN snapped where the welds are. i know this is stupid, but it could be the driftmania that you just watched, lol just joking, maybe your slave cylinder is seizing ? rust ? torn sleeve ? move it around with your hand see how it feels

ok well im heading up to toronoto with a friend for an sr swap so i wont be able to check anything else intil i come back canada day, if im onna drop the tranny, im just gonna replace the clutch and parts etc as i might as well