So my friend

Sneezed in his helmet, lifted his shield to clear said snot off his face.
Gets pulled over and handed a ticket for “No eye protection”

You have got to be fucking kidding me. This is a new one, did not know it was a law as I’ve seen plenty of harley riders riding with just a skull cap and no glasses.
Okay, if it’s against the law then at least give a warning first, for christ sakes.

lol that sucks, but shit happens. the law is the law

I fought the law, and the law KEEPS WINNING

there is a law for that?!

That’s the most retarded shit I’ve ever heard. Where was this?

Sounds just like the loud exhaust on cars vs loud exhaust on bikes debate. Its BS

yea I can’t stand harley’s all fucking white trash…

Haha I used to ride with a helmet that the face shield flew off of the 33 and never got issues. I always ride with my mask up unless I am on the highway.

Town of Hamburg.

It’s like, it’s Illegal to buy ice cream after 6pm in New Jersey without a doctors note, but you don’t see cops writing tickets for that.

I mean, shit, can’t they just look the other way, or just not be a douche bag.

inb4copsadouchebecausehesdoinghisjob?

Yep it’s a law. Although I’m pretty surprised that it was enforced. Something tells me this isn’t the first run in with the law that your friend has had.

Honestly he is THE BIGGEST pussy when he is driving, the kid has 1 traffic ticket in his whole life, he is the complete opposite of me (that’s a good thing)
I understand why it’s a law, but I mean, fuck, having your shield up for a few seconds? What happens if a bee flies in your helmet and you lift your shield to get it out, is that ticket worthy?

No it’s stupid all around. There was a shield on the helmet, and it was not up the entire time he was riding. The cop should not have written a ticket for this. Shit happens when you need to lift your shield for a minute, wtf.

Meh, I could care less if I got written a ticket for a loud exhaust on my bike.
A cop told me my exhaust is illegal and I responded
“i’d rather wake someone up when I ride by their house then be ran off the road by some girl with her radio blaring because she can’t hear/see me”
he was cool and said
“good point, it’s still illegal,but I let bikes go, unless they are smart asses to me”

That sucks. :purextc:

soooo is it illegal for people that ride cruisers to be wearing skullcaps and not a full shielded helmet?

sounds like it (or at least some sort of eye protection)

You need to have some sort of eye protection, I could see the cop for writing a ticket for having NO shield on your helmet, but having it up for 5 seconds, wtf.

u cant fight the law u can only lawl at it

wait, so the cop seen him open the shield, then close it, then pulled him over and issued him a ticket?

thats pretty shitty for him to do. I could understand if he noticed him riding with it up.

but I guess you can argue that in a car, if you take your seatbelt off for a second to reach something in your back pocket or something, and get caught, you’d be just as screwed if you weren’t wearing it at all

QFT! :purextc:

And yes it is the law, silly but the law.