So occupy Buffalo...

Discuss?

What is there to occupy? Starbucks?

Occupy Starbucks NAO!

http://www.occupybuffalo.org/

?

Yeah, from what I’ve read/seen none of them really have a clue why they’re there. If this is the left’s best answer to the Tea Party I find it pretty amusing in it’s complete lack of a central theme or organization. Reading the signs they’re against everything from war to fracking to banking to wealthy people.

In a month when it gets cold this will be over…

This is the most retarded movement ever. Its a bunch of useless hippies making a scene. They all say they want to end corporate greed but have 0 plan on how to do so. Look at the Wall Street protests? Its a circuit of freaks holding up signs for about 1000 different things. If they decided to do this properly by making a better appearance and actually have a cause including ideas to resolve issues, they would be a lot more powerful. For starters, why not focus on the asshat politicians that are breaking the system and push to get them removed from office and replaced with independent parties with a plan such as Hermain Cain who wants 9% tax across the board on income or even better, start a new party movement like they did in the EU with the Pirate Party.

Wahhhhhh.

I don’t like these people.

I was just down in Nyc. Alot of these people are idiots. They have no plan. They are costing cities millions in over time money. There was a few hundred cops surrounding them. Most of these people will go nowhere in life, think the goverment should support them.

Seems like the majority of them are people who graduated from college with a degree in basket weaving wondering why they can’t make 80k a year first day out of school.

^yup. Quit your bitching idiots. If you want a job, and the area you live in/degree doesnt support it. Move/pick a new degree!

This.

BUT I HAVE A DEGREEEEEEEEEEEE

Cool solute bro.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnvllSTLvKh7LQo0lMQfEdqXEN3vS8h9xgSEYbpk6-WOSdxIJ74LJubZjZ

We are the 99% of Buffalo NY.

Occupy Buffalo is a local resistance protesting the 1% that owns 50% of everything. We will not be intimidated and silent anymore with our civil resistance and street protests. We will no longer tolerate the greed and corruption of the 1%. We represent people of many colors, genders and political persuasions. Many of us have lost our jobs, houses, future, everything…while Wall Street gets richer.

It’s a good energy and some of the core points are VERY valid. But they, like every other group is letting political party or religious divides get in the way of being an AMERICAN first and having opinions second.
They have no focus and they’re all spouting off different anger. Dial in to 3-5 core issues and stay focused. Don’t rant and rave or you’ll sound like the tea party folks. The reason the tea party won’t ever work is they are too fanatical and they just go off without focus. Same thing here. I think we need change but I sure as hell won’t go freeze my balls off to be with a group that has no focus. I’m not going to waste my energy trying to bring focus either. Being Atheist and of no political affiliation I have no credibility to anyone that does subscribe to a box with others like them in it. I don’t want a box to have rules and tell me how to live my life and what I should think. I’m a free floating mind and if I’m told what to do or think I rebel. Nuff said. Have fun freezing and raving. Oh and enjoy the union backing Occupy folks. That costs you ALOT of credibility in my eyes. Unions are like a silent arm of the government that attempts to inflate wages, breeds entitlement and plays monopolistic games with the nations skilled labor. Oh and they also keep hungry workers out during strikes and force the entitlement issue to disgusting proportions.

/rant

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

HAHAH. EPIC and I couldn’t agree more. Don’t take some BS major and then wonder why you can’t even get a job at Subway as a sandwich artist. LOL

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

They should start with a movement to end lobbying by corporations and banks with deep pockets and hidden agendas. Those campaign contributions come with strings…and those strings are strangling the working class from a quality of life we deserve. FUCK inflation. You want inflation…at least give the working class the money to circulate. We don’t charge interest like the banks do. Our spending isn’t a cause of required inflation. :wink:

Number 2 on the list should be to end fractional reserve lending and quit borrowing against our own labor in the form of currency AT INTEREST. Interest is a devil, a monster in the system. A nation should be able to release it’s own currency as needed. There are ways to control the fuel/air mixture. Interest + inflation is like a turbo blowing up a sickly engine with no tune. LOL

There are A LOT of jobs out there, these kids just want them handed to them. I mean, fuck, if I wanted to I could move to VA or MD next week a take a teaching job at a new school, with great funding, making 50k a year to start. This is why Buffalo still sucks, people want to stay here and when they find out there aren’t jobs for them they bitch and complain. Get over it, move.

There is a major job issue in this country. This is driven by our wages being so high and unattractive post NAFTA floodgates being opened. Your field is fairly safe and can’t really be outsourced. Manufacturing and other industrial sectors aren’t so fortunate. Not everyone is a teacher. Not everyone is a sales person. There are certain fields that are having MAJOR issues. I work in IT so for now I’m spared from outsourcing and there are jobs around. PS $50k in VA or MD doesn’t go as far as you think. Especially if you work or are near DC. The traffic is horrible and the commute tax as I call it eats into your wage and sanity. LOL

lolz it took me 2-3 hours to get to the pentagon in the morning and 2-3 hours home ughhh im having flash backs

If you live in that area just get a hybrid so you can drive in the HOV lane unless they changed that law recently

I know, there’s a reason why I’m not moving “next week” but I just wanted to use it as an example that jobs (for my field at least) are out there.

Also, I’d like to know how many of these fucks have “Art” degrees or “Music” degrees? Complete bullshit majors if you ask me.

Haha

It’s straight populist anger. Actually kind of frightening. Think: Weimar Germany.

:tup: This is good.