so the post office lost my blackberry...

ebay said its a USPS issue.

i’ll contact you when i get this sorted out. i kind of want the samsung i760.

File a claim with Paypal, they will take th money from his account until the issue is resolved. Ebay and Paypal are the fucking worst, they only offer buyer protection pretty much which means that if you buy something and it comes in the mail and you “claim you didnt get it” you can file a dispute and paypal will give you your money back. Always get ins. and delivery confirmation when selling stuff.

i thought it was so fantastic

who’s to say it wasn’t delivered and somebody walked up and stole it?

i was just gonna say, the seller might not be at fault here…

hell yeah it is :slight_smile: i bought it out of contract so the price isnt fantastic… but nah, your right - i’d never, ever sell it. I LOVE it. :loopie:

I really doubt paypal is going to take back the funds when the tracking number shows it was delivered. That’s clearly not the sellers issue. It’s a USPS problem, and since no insurance was purchased they can pretty much just say tough shit, you should have insured it.

Pretty much, I think you’re screwed.

Lessons to be learned:

1. USPS = the suck.
  2. Always get insurance, especially when dealing with eGay.

i think i’m screwed too, but i was never offered insurance.

i’m consulting my sister’s lawyer aka her boyfriend.

Honestly, with christmas…it probably did get lost but don’t be surprised if it comes to you in like a month. There is nothing you can do about it otherwise.

My experience is if the seller doesn’t have insurance costs shown right in their listing you need to contact them before bidding. If they don’t offer insurance, run away.

Should have gotten insurance. I always buy things with insurance, and if they don’t offer it I don’t buy just for this reason.

Signature required ftw.

This sucks, hopefully your package turns up.

:tup: fuck yeah

hope ya get it one way or another… if not, chalk it up to experience. It could of been worse.

I remember reading about some poor guy on the mustang forums that purchased a cobra rear bumper cover (when the 99-04 body style just came out) on ebay. He paid an insane price for it and got sent a rear bumper cover off of a TOY car.

ya live and learn I guess

ive gotten screwed with online fuck ups 2wice, nothing worked… even still USPS insurance claims are a pita they wanted me to show a receipt (for a car key, wtf?) i think youre oh noes kait

FYI, anything that is sent express mail USPS is automatically insured for $100.

although im sure this wasn’t sent express, No insurance means theres nothing USPS will do for you…

Especially when it was scanned ‘delivered’, it either means that it was left and someone stole it, or it was attempted and its back at the post office… but the carrier had to scan the piece, so chances are that someone stole it if it was scanned delivered.

oh and BTW, Delivery Confirmation is just that, confirmation that it was delivered… it is by no means a tracking number…again , FYI

thanks, all i know is it was sent priority mail. oh wells you live and you learn. ugh.

I find it funny that verizon requires a data plan for BB’s.

We dont, we highly recommend it but its not required.

If the seller had delivery confirmation on it and it showed up as delivered, you may be SOL. I have found that info related to delivery confirmation is slow to hit their website, especially if you print the label and pay for postage online. Most sellers don’t buy insurance on USPS items unless the buyer asks and pays for it. Some offer it as an option on the invoice. I opt for the insurance if I’m buying something expensive or fragile. I’ve sold thousands of parts of eBay w/USPS shipping and only one thing has been broken, and nothing has ever gone missing. Knock on wood. But it ruins my day when some $100 part goes missing and I have to deal with threatening emails, even though it always shows up eventually. Don’t go after the seller if the phone shows up as delivered, nothing they can do at this point. Good luck!

BTW, Priority Mail or Parcel Post. I think Parcel Post= post office employees toss your package on a shelf for a week or 2 because you didn’t pay a few bucks extra.:wink:

I have a new blackberry 8830 still in the box i’ll you cheap, it has your name on it :slight_smile: hahahah