so this is what happens when drunks drive trucks

Still don’t know how we walked away. I have to say that I will never buy anything but a Honda again. That car saved mine and my fiance’a life. I broke my wrist and have 5 stiches, but she only has bruises. They had to use the jaws of life to get her out.

Glad to hear you’re OK. Usually when older cars end up getting struck by large, inanimate objects like pickup trucks, the outcome is never good… but that Acura seems to have held up well considering.

Wow, glad you two are ok.

Holy shit! Glad to hear you guys are ok, i’m a Honda lover but I think you got more lucky then to say the car saved you two. Either way hope you the guy gets what he deserves

double down

glad ur ok for sure. but to say such a bold statement like “ill never buy anything but a honda again” is ghey. i mean yea it saves your lives and all but whos saying its the best made? maybe u wouldnt have had a broken wrist in say a VW or a subaru, or maybe u would have been decapitated. u smell me?

Actually you should buy a truck now. If you can’t beat them, join’em

Hawtwheels posted this up for you yesterday.

Hope you and the girly recover soon man. Sue the shit out of that jerk, and build a uber turbz teggy this time around!

Glad to see you two made it out alright

seriously dude, fuck that guy.

saw these cars go by, had no idea it was you, thought for sure whoever was int he ac was killed/in serious condition.

glad you’re both ok, but I would say you got very very lucky in this situation.

8/10 times of that accident repeating itself and you guys would have NOT faired anywhere NEAR how well you did considering.

I understand what your saying. I guess I just can’t figure out a better explanation as to why we walked away with such small injuries after such a horrific crash. Anyway thanks everyone for the kind words. I can’t wait to see what car I get next, but I am far from done with this hobby. Also, if anyone wants to come visit I will be stuck around the house for at least a week or 2. Lol.

LUCK

:rofl

1996 Acura Integra
Front Impact Rating : 4 of 5

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/used_cars/11/acura/integra/safety/index.html#ixzz0uRDaumec

I’d say it’s about 10% luck,
20% skill,
15% concentrated power of will,
5% pleasure,
50% pain,
And 100% reason to remember the name: ACURA.

Yeah thats based off of hitting a wall. Try getting ran over by a truck.

:facepalm

The ACURA, based off of STANDARDIZED IMPACT TESTING, fared just as well or better than it’s competitors.

The point = OP’s statement of buying only Hondas for safety is acceptable.

Op just left the KrazyKid car lot 20 minutes ago. He picked up a new 2010 model Acura M405 mill spec army tank. Well equipt, base price starting @ $19,995. Bringing it to Synapse now for ramhorn turbz, looking for low 11’s while crushing Ram 1500’s in its path.

i wonder what kind of traction issues the mangled wreckage of dodge rams under steel tracks presents. either way impressive.

I am sure there are cars out there that are just as safe if not safer. But some of that statement is due to the fact that I am a huge Honda fanboi. But either way, the car’s front end had been rebuilt twice, and it still fared that well. It just blows my mind. I guess all those times I had bad luck finally payed off with good luck!

Damn!!! Glad you guys are alright. Looked like a brutal accident.

You pursuing any legal action on the asshole in the truck?

Yeah, because I broke my wrist it crosses the thresholds of no fault insurance. I have a family friend that is a personal injury lawyer. Plus it wasn’t the guys truck. It was registered and insured to his brother in north Carolina. So I imagine it will be a civil suit against the guy. Dwi is no joke when you cause what could be permanently life changing injuries. I just want another car and my medical bills payed. Anything else is icing on the cake.