So you get ticketed for talking on your cell phone in Tonawanda...

…but not for running people over.
http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=49957

Cliffs: 16 year old tard on his learners permit thought the car was in reverse, it was in drive, and he ran over people waiting in line at Andersons. His driving record remains untarnished.

:ohnoes:

He made a n00b mistake what do you ticket him for?

his record may be clean, but i’l bet his parents insurance will suffer.

there has to be some law out their for failure to control your car?

how about reckless driving?

Im sure that old bat will call some shady lawyer…

It’s cause he was driivng an auto…

:lol: Yeah, because I’d want to trust someone who can’t manage to back up an auto without running people over with a manual.

:picard:

he would have stalled it before he got to the people

Yup, he wouldn’t have gone anywhere.

Hey my sis got popped on this (the phone thing not the human bowling ball thing) the other day. Do you fight these? or just send the ticket?

Run two people over? :shrug:

If the cop says you had a cell phone and were using it while driving, who the hell is going to believe you over him? But… id fight it…

cop radar’s you for speeding… you still plead not guilty don’t you?

HELL YEA!, thats what i said id still fight it :wink:

I didnt know if you could talk to the DA and get it reduced or something, or just send in the guilty ticket and pay the fine

Ohhh… you can, and you shall…

http://www.ticketassassin.com/fight.html

If you check out this site, you can get out of most of your tickets with a little knowledge :wink:

Just send it in. You can’t plea bargain a cell phone ticket. You don’t get any points on your license. It’d be like trying to plea bargain a parking ticket.

That website blows.

#1, it’s for California.

#2, it tells you to go to trial. Unless you’re in danger of losing your license you’re foolish to go to trial. If you get to that point you should be consulting a lawyer, not a random website. The cop will just show up and own you. What you’re doing when you get a speeding ticket reduced is plea bargaining, not fighting it at trial to try and be found not guilty. In Pauly’s case he’d sure as fuck be wasting money if he went to trial over a measly little cell phone infraction.

Pauly, despite not being points it still hurts insurance scores. FYI.

You have to love good old New York State. You can get uber tickets for tints and exhaust, but if you run a few people over they will just look the other way. :picard: