Social Media "Life Boats"

already been using parler a little bit but it’s still too one-sided and a bit too far down the rabbit hole for me. i need to keep using twitter until they bring all of the weather-related content over to parler.

also just downloaded signal as Lord Musk advised.

Down goes Parler

LOL oh Tom, you were everyone’s friend

SPJ0loDC

If people had hopes of trying to make things better chasing people off platforms onto new platforms and then trying to get those platforms removed isn’t the approach.

The entire reason Trump get elected to begin was a push against everything thats been happening instead of trying to pull people to center everyone keeps pushing towards extremes.

2 Likes

1 Like

i cant even get gab. have tried.

will try again

Social media has given a voice to the unsophisticated masses.

Now they’re coming for forums:

The founder of Gab posting stuff like this isn’t going to get me to join:

https://gab.com/a/posts/105542666153137417

That it took almost 20 seconds to load isn’t going to get me to sign up real soon. I couldn’t care less about what he posts, in fact that a lot of people don’t agree with it yet it remains up is a huge plus IMO.

1 Like

it seems like there is a warning page / loading page for every website that they are monitoring the shit out of right now.

also that post seemed reasonable.

Quick article on Signal. IMO after using it I’m beginning to like it more than WhatsApp just based on options.

Well WhatsApp definitely isn’t on the same level for security that Signal is…

It’s going to be really interesting there has been a massive swing in the US of people jumping on Signal even Elon Musk was promoting it.

I’m waiting to see all the people in the tech community cheering for removal of Parler/etc flip flop when the Gov comes back around and pushes to shut down E2E messengers like Signal for safety reasons.

I assume it will be “Signal enables bad people to do X” where the tech community responds with “but lots of normal people use signal as well its not all bad”

i havent seen anything from him specifically, just the meme.

This was a good read about Signal:

2 Likes

one of these MF’s need to develop a phone OS.

1 Like

So. I tried that gab link. Its blocked at work because of extremism.
Nothing more to add other than the internet overlords really suck.