Soda/Pop or Coffee?

More and more people are talking about giving up their daily coffee and drinking soda (pop) anymore due to health effects like kidney stones.

Anyone given it up?

If not how much do you typically drink a day? I usually have a XL cup of coffee from Timmy Hoes or 711 in the morning just black and then maybe 2 normal cups of diet pepsi at lunch.

Coffee (in moderation) is healthy. It is loaded with antioxidants and soluble fiber. As long as you don’t load it with sugar or jack up the calories with tons of creamer.

I finally kicked my heavy addiction to it a few months ago and I feel fucking fantastic. Now I’ll have a cup or two in the morning just because I like it. If I start ramping up to more than that I start feeling like crap in the morning and lethargic in the afternoon, so I cut back again.

As for kidney stones, never had a problem.

fuck no, I am not giving up any of the above

you would have to pry it from my cold dead hands

I rarely drink POP (!) and have coffee maybe 2 times a week. I usually drink Tea to get some caffeine in the morning

Never touched coffee and haven’t drank pop since last Jan 08. JUst water OJ and milk for me.

I have pretty much zero caffeine now after years and years of 5-6 two liter bottles of soda per week. I’ve never been a coffee drinker. Going cold turkey sucked and I even ended up at the doctor and optometrist over a 6 week eye twitch but once my body adjusted I found I felt much better, slept better and had more energy.

I never drink coffee and I gave up “soda” as my new year’s resolution in 1999, almost 10 years now.

I do however drink sugar-free energy drinks now…which negates it, but techinally it’s not a soda. I still haven’t had a main stream pop/soda in 10 years. (pepsi, coke, crush, whatever)

What would energy drinks go under? Pop? I drink coffee maybe once a month and Pop almost never. So I should be good. My heart is the one that will go first.

I need a half cup - cup in the AM. sometimes 1 in the afternoon just because I like it, but I normally mix it with decaf.

I don’t drink pop unless there is alcohol in it.

d’oh!

yea, this.

No coffee since 03’- I dont drink it normally, i dont feel like i need it. I do pound energy drinks every now and then, but lately that’s been very few and far between.

Gave up drinking soda a few months back. It’s water or kool aid/iced tea

I drink 1/2 cups of coffe / tes per day usually throughout my 8-5. Caffeine has no noticeable effects to me, I can drink 3 cups of coffee while eating sugar cookies before bed with no problems. I can sleep and wake up like any other day.

I will drink pop occasionally, but sparingly. I almost need to have pepsi when I’m eating pizza and wings.

I eat / drink almost everything known to man, I just do it in moderation. I am not a slim bean, but then again I’m not a fat slob either. I come from an Italian family, which eats what I would consider poorly in societies general scale of healthiness.

I average about 200lbs all the time maybe fluctuating 5-10 lbs here or there. I live to have fun and enjoy myself, I’m not going to worry about what I eat until I have to.

fuck

I drink water most of the time. I’ll have an occasional hot chocolate from Timmy Hos in the am.

And I’ll have pop with dinner out, or Captain and Coke if I’m drinking.

And the occasional beer on evenings and weekends of course.

But feeling a lot better since I cut back on the pop consumption.

I might drink 20oz of pop a week at most! and I drink about 3 8oz cups of coffe with a little fat free french vanilla delight creamer each week. So I have about 20oz of pop a week and 24oz of coffee a week… I drink about 120oz of water a day :tup:

I’m still fat though because since it’s been cold out. I haven’t been doing my nightly hour bike rides. Down to like 1-2 week now.

I don’t drink soda except on semi-special occasions (so maybe twice a week).

I do drink either tea or coffee twice per day, once in the morning, and once mid-afternoon.

I drink coffee @ work and at home on weekends.
I still don’t like the taste.

I do not drink pop regularly. Usually when its included in a meal deal of som sort.

coffee info: http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/magazine/17-10/st_coffee

http://www.jeffgearhart.com/tims.jpg

< drinks way too much Hortons

thats a fresh pic, btw.