Softmod Wii?

Anyone softmod a wii with 4.2u?

If anyone wants to do it and make a quick $$, PM me.

http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-guides-tutorials-only/24630-full-hacking-guide-4-2-system-menus.html

I did mine using tutorials from wiihacks. It took a decent amount of trial and error, but it’s worth it.

It’s nice being able to run “backup” games, and load all of our current games on an external HD, and not have to load discs…ever.

However, I turns out that the 750GB drive I dedicated to this task is a bit of overkill.

200-300 is fine.

However, I would not want to take the liability of bricking someone else’s wii. Dedicate a good 2 hours of research and reading on that site.

I thought it wouldn’t be as easy… All done.

i thought you sold your wii?

I did, then bought this after seeing a softmod in action the other day.

what is a softmod… gimme cliffs

hardmod = open game console up and wire/solder in a chip to play ‘backup’ games
softmod = all modded via software/cracks…

1. spend some time copying code to the wii
  2. tweak some settings
  3. load your existing games onto external drives (this can be done by loading game into wii, and copying to external HD, and then downloading cover art and stuff)
  4. download just about any other game available for the wii (if you do that sorta thing)
  5. turn wii on
  6. don’t load any games into the slot since they’re all pre-loaded
  7. play
  8. profit

so renting games and saving them is possible…

If it were legal to do so, then one could take their rented game, load it into the wii, save it to the external HD (in case the original disc fails, of course), and return the game the same day (because it sucked, of course).

lol… awesome… makes sense now… how long did it take to do jabbs?

Once you install the softmod, how exactly do you remove it?

Side question: Doesn’t softmodding disable networking abilities on the wii? So, even though you can play every game you can’t connect to the internet with it anymore?

About 90 minutes, its real easy if you have 4.2.

When i first googled it was a bit confusing because of all the out dated modding guides saying you need legend of zeland game to use an exploit, then there was another guide about a banner but then i read later that was fixed. Then you read about all this talk of bricking, but the instructions in the above link tell you exactly step by step what to do.

There is a guide on how to revirgin your wii if you want to remove the softmod, same website. This doesn’t disable wireless, they recommend you disable that wiiconnect24 shit though.

^tup… maybe one day… i’ve got enough on my plate to deal with lately.

i have mine softmodded, works great, almost all the games work fine

some crash randomly but hey what can ya really ask for

i have mine softmodded, works great, almost all the games work fine

some crash randomly but hey what can ya really ask for

Regarding networking:

I also have wiiconnect24 disabled, but no problems with online play.

The only game I’ve tried that has crashed is Formula 1 2009, which was a download. I’ll try a different copy at some point.

Can you load gsames to/from SD cards?
How many to a card?

I’d rather not drag over an external HD.

you can load games from SD cards, each game is 4-5 gigs though