Sold the Vette.. What's next?

I sold the Vette a couple of days ago, and now I’m browsing around looking at other cars.

I would like to get something that goes good in the winter (so I can stick with 1 car instead of 2), is 2003 and newer, 14 second quarter mile or less, under 30k miles, get decent gas mileage and around $20k or less. I would also have to buy it at a dealership because I would trade in my current winter car.

Options that I have been thinking about:
03-04 Mustang GT (I see GTs driving around in the winter a lot so they must not be that bad). I could probably find an 05 GT or 03-04 Cobra too.

08-09 Cobalt SS/TC

04-05 SRT4 (I can’t stand the caliber)

Any other suggestions?

wrx sti or evo

cobra would be my choice, don’t know about winter though.

i’m biased, but you could pick up a 05 volvo S60R that will fit all your wants for in that range. oh shoot. did catch you needed a trade in. i know the people you need, but i doubt they’ll want your car.

Nothing against Volvo, but I’m not a big fan of them.

I meant that I was going to buy at a dealership. I wouldn’t do a trade with a private party.

x2

Just curious as to why. I know they have looked like boxes for some time…but they are a shared platform nowadays…underpinnings are almost identical to some others…and the R version is tits. No trying to disuade you, just wondering

350Z? - only 2 seats though

G35 2 tiny back seats

volvo s60r ==owned by ford now if that matters to you.
OEM
300hp
AWD
6sp
room for 5.
good gas mileage
adjustable suspension
i’m 6’3 230 and plenty of room.

What other cars have the same underpinnings as the R? I like the stats but I’m not a big fan of the looks.

edit:
This one looks good:

What is a link to a s60r tuner site? (other than s60r.com)

IIRC it shares the same architecture with the UK-spec Focus (far superior to the uS version, especially the RS), and the Mazda 3…thee may be more…I’m searching for hte article that shows the underside comparison

Another Volvo question:

What is the difference between this one:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=215481827&dealer_id=343037&car_year=2005&model=S60&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&start_year=2005&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=300&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&make=VOLVO&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=15012&advanced=y&end_year=2005&doors=&transmission=Automatic&max_price=&cardist=307

and this one:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=c&car_id=247738073&dealer_id=57711950&car_year=2005&model=S60&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&start_year=2005&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=300&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&make=VOLVO&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=15012&advanced=y&end_year=2005&doors=&transmission=Automatic&max_price=&cardist=305

The red one is badass, but the black one isn’t nearly as interesting to me. Is the red one modified? Also, do they all have the headlight wipers? I’m not a big fan of that.

tbss or STI

It appears the red one is a 2005, with the option Aero package…the black '04 has the stock R body? Otherwise they are both 5cyl-turbo AWD

formula sent you a Pm.

trailblazer SS

STI, I’ve had a mustang GT. Driving it in the winter was… well futile if there is any kind of snow on the road. It will kinda move if its flat, on a hill no way.

All of these should be able to be found for $20,000 or less depending on how hard you search.

Subaru WRX
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
Audi A3
Audi A4
Audi TT
Saab 9-2x Aero
Volvo s40 T5
Volvo s60 T5
Volvo s60R
Infiniti G35
Mazdaspeed3
Mazdaspeed6
Mazda cx-7
Nissan Altima Se-R
Acura TL
Acura TSX

word those are nice cars. That fit your price range,good in winter and fit your other needs…

How about a 2006 or 2007 Monte Carlo SS with the LS4 5.3L V8? Should go high 13s, is front wheel drive so it’ll be fine in the winter, has 300+ HP…