some fab work ive been busy with lately.

I’ll tell big Steve you say hi. Ha.

I didn’t know you guys all worked at UDMC thats funny I worked for the company that did IT for them spent a lot of time working with Steve.

big steve lol

Ha big Steve is rad. Very to the point and serious, but great dude.
Steve12kqe or whatever his user name is, his cousin does phones there too ha

LOL!

Nice work dude.

This reminded me to order my muffler. Good post

Very nice :tup:

Dan

Yes let’s do this. I’ve been wanting to make a y 3-2.5 reducing y pipe for a while now.

Beautiful Art:)

Lets build something stupid

Glad to see that someone used a purge on exhaust… Hopefully it was 100% Ar :slight_smile:

If you want to save some serious coin on your purges, look up something called Solar Flux. We use it for Sanitary SS and Super Duplex Stainless X-rays. It’s just a paste that you paint, then it will shield the root of your weld perfectly. It’s very cheap too, it would probably pay for itself in a few welds. http://www.solarflux.com/

Most local weld suppliers sell it… one tub lasts for a few hundred ft of welding. It’s good on All types of stainless and high nickel content materials… Don’t use it on Ti though, you need to purge that like normal.

Jay just muffler-deleted my Touareg V8. tips and rear resonators are going on next week, but this is what it sounds like with his pipes back to the bumper. welds and piping look awesome so far. I’m sure pics will be posted once it’s all done.

Ur missing a pic

does this take the place of purge gas say on the inside of a pipe weld? if so, i highly doubt it works as well as a gas form purge. weird stuff, thanks for the link

im getting around to it. tell those hicks on ls1 tech to calm down

I assumed you were using solarflux We use it often in manufacturing on sanitary SS when it just doesn’t make sense to purge. Works great.

I never use it. I see zero reason to.

Doing that sized pipe where purging isn’t a paint in the dick I suppose not. I would give it a whirl before deciding having “zero reason to” though.

I have purge equipment for all sizes of pipe so i really have no reason not to use argon. Besides solar flux leaves disgusting penetration marks, and is usually not excepted in dairy line. Since this is exhaust, it really doesn’t even matter either way ha.

Reminds me of Fluid Motor Union. Nice work.

Thanks man. That means a lot considering their blog is incredible.