some help please getting 50-100 km per half tank on stock s14 sr

hey guys so for the past while now Ive been getting the worst ever gas millage on my s14 with a stock s14 sr, lots of back fire as well, for a full tank normal driving ill get about 300km and i know that’s half of what it should be so what the hell could be wrong with it for it to be that bad, and the the rising gas prices and now $1.36 per litter for 91-94 octane it puts a hole in the wallet

Did you ever tweak or mess with the fuel rail? does the exhaust stink of fuel? I know you said you have a stock sr bu tdid you replace any parts that could effect this? maybe unplug your o2 and see what happens too…need a few bits more info. You can throw lots of shit at this to make it work. You did absolutely nothing to your car? Did you put the motor in and its been getting shitty fuel ever since or what?

My 180sx with redtop sr making 300whp with injectors blah blah, I get 550km ish/tank of 94/91 of heavy and light driving.

it was good for the first month or so, was only done about 2 months back, the mods are very light, Fmic, 3 inch catback has a high flow cat on, 255 fuel pump, intake, running stock boost, even has boosting problems sometimes it boosts and sometimes it wont, but over all everything is very fresh and healthy so it’s hard to say i guess i could try putting a new 300zxtt o2 sensor and see if it helps but for it to be this bad is far from normal for a sr20.

and im not sure but i think some times the exhaust dose smell like fuel but it also back fires alot at low rpm shifting

what BOV are you using?

Did you install a FPR when you upgraded your fuel pump?

no i did not get one, would that make a difference? and the bov is a top fuel one that phase 2 gave away for free one you got more then $500 wroth of parts. but it is not releasing at all and is causing compressor surge and lots of it. going to get a hks sqv one soon

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

do you think there is to much fuel pressure going to the injectors? and that a fpr will help?

Well you say that you can distinctly smell fuel coming from your exhaust, so my guess would be that your fuel pressure is too high. My advice is to check your fuel pressure with a gauge if you have one. OEM recommends 34-36 psi when you’re idling, or 43 psi atmospheric.

ill be sure to get that cheeked out, maybe get a fuel pressure gauge too, but i hope its just the o2 sensor, would getting rid of the cat help out at all? i know it will help with boost

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

and thanks for the help guys

---------- Post added at 01:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

so lets say like a nismo FPR will make sure it’s running at the proper psi? if so im going to get one sorry for the noob questions but all this is new to me.

Overall there are a bunch of small problems you need to fix. You have a boost leak. With a boost leak, you’ll be using more fuel with less amount of air.

Buy a fuel pressure gauge, and then buy a boost leak tester.

Stock s14 silvia w/sr can do 650km+ /tank.

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

nismo fpr doesn’t have a gauge.

Yep, with the nismo FPR you’ll be able to dial in the correct fuel pressure, it’s adjustable. It however doesn’t have a gauge, which would mean you would need to get a fuel pressure tester, or get a permanent gauge under your hood.