Fuel Mileage Question

I’m starting to get used to the sr that I dropped into my s14 a couple of months ago. I finally got the heat issue out of the way, and the car is running pretty smoothly.

However, I’ve been surfing the forums a bit, and I noticed people mentioning that the Sr (if driven like a grandma) can get pretty awesome fuel mileage.

My question is: What is the approximate fuel mileage for a stock setup for a s13 blacktop sr20det? So far, it looks like I’m running 350km on a full tank…and I think this is way too low. Heck…my old Ka did more than 450km on a full tank.
What would be contributing to the poor mileage?

Also…quick question…when I launch from 1st, I find that the car kind of hesitates or lags, (don’t think it’s turbo lag) a bit between 2-3k rpm, when it pushes through 3k-4.5k rpm the turbo kicks in and it’s smooth across the rpm curve.

This only happens from a stop, and only slightly noticeable in 2nd gear through the same rev count. I’m wondering if I have some sort of air flow problem? Maybe something clogging up the intake…or time for a cleaning?

a good running SR20 will get over 600klm to a tank but dont set your expectations quite that high. 350 sucks though :smiley:

I get 400km to a tank. =\

ALAN ! off course the mileage is gonna be shitty dude, u dont even have ure 02 sensor plugged in ! that could make 20% right there…

do the wiring for your o2, and let us know how much it helped !

i get well over 450 on the motor i got from varun, its all about the way you drive and your set up, you should get at least 400 man… get that 02 checked

I used to be able to get over 500 to a tank in my Z28 (clutch was absolute toast too) <_<.

Check your O2s, make sure your intake is clean, clean the throttle body, and your ignition system might be a little out of date (plugs, wires, etc).