some pics of LS1 valve job blending,

Those are the MTI ported heads, I remembered you asking about them. Thought they were a 243, sg2 with the bigger valves…ect Didn’t know they did 853s up too?

:tup: get some ties, and use that s60, wheels up 6speeds. I have those 26x10x15 ETfdrags FS still.

i’m doing the light k mem, light battery, wheels, cage and light carpet. Assuming i have the money. Starting up a business is no joke on the bank. Hehe.

Got some time to get this up. not to shaby

342 was last year, stock heads/cam, bolt ons
416 1st pull, adding streetsweeper cam, and these VJ blended heads above
441 After Mike@NewEra tuned the car.

nice, 99hp from tuning, headwork and cam.

This is with the 853 heads you were playing with?

mine are 853’s…

My friend had a VJ done for a 2.02/1.55s in his stock 853s, not something I would have done. But thought I could fix them up a little, I didn’t have a lot of time to work on them.

From first post

Ya, the 853 (99-00 LS1) heads the pics are off. It might be confusing, I tried to put them in order. I don’t think most people know what there looking at, what is stock, and what was changed when. But there still 95% stock cast ports, not really ported. So its pretty cool, they did what they did. But it makes seance. I’ll go back and put some more info with the pics.

Ya, it was tuned before too. Ran really good for a bolt on car. I’ll see about track time but it was even with my car on the street. when I was bolt ons (stock exhaust system) and went 12.2 113s.
Catback was changed form a SLP loud mouth, to a GMMG. Same Ypipe and headers (old 1 3/4 pacesetters)
And LS6 intake over the LS1 on the car before, stock ported TB, and MAFF.

I printed out a graph. Of these heads, and the fully ported 241s (stock vales and VJ) I did a while ago. And my car right now with the untouched heads. I’ll get that up too, you can see alot with that beween the heads.

yeah yours are just a tad different then a little blending…

okay ya got me! lol. they are pretty hogged eh?

well if 853 heads played with in Studderin’s house make 440 rwhp then yours will make 500 :tup:

let me know if you want me to fix them up

no 500 without welding them, and putting 5x more money then just using a better casting. But this is what stuff like this dose when you take the blue pill. The engine dosn’t care how shinny the shit is, or if its cnc ported.
sorry if it hurts your feelings JT

lol my feelings are so hurt John! maybe you should call tony mamo and go to work for AFR, it seems your talents are being wasted.

That Deebo has a faster car than this deebo :frowning:

lol the cars is the one named deebo. The user is sonic boost.

oh lolz, roclife?

:violin:

hahahaha, ive beaten plenty of cars being the ‘under dog’ when mine was a NA 351 with baller wheels. no one believed me it was a real spare parts motor from 1974. always opening the hood showing off my mechanical fan from 1987, window squirts zip tied to the fender, rusty holley off a boat or something… it was rough but ran like a mother fucker. huge money and shiny parts dont make cars fast. when will these kids learn john…

i don’t know who “these kids” consists of, but what studderin is trying to do and what jt76 is trying to do are two different things. Not everyone cares about track times, so suggesting studderin figured out the secret and “these kids” this and that makes no sense. Studderin goes to the track at least once a weak vs jt76’s one time last year. Studderins been working on this setup for a few years and has his car stripped down to vs. jt’s over curb weighted car. Jt has a social life outside of cars. Studderin has a track gear vs. Jims street gear. Studderin has a shit ton of seat time
vs jims one outting. So, what am I missing here?

Since his first post, studderin was taking shots at cnc ported and proffesionally designed heads like he knows something these companies don’t. Half this board hangs on his leg for it. Show some pics out there and drop some terms that 95% of nyspeed isn’t familiar with, and holy hell, studderin must be a genious. But guess what, I’ll take a put up a set a set of AFR’s, Trickflows, or ETPs against studderins home ported heads any day of thr week in terms of flow, VELOCITY, and most importantly CONSISTENCY. I completely understand not everyone has the money to spend on heads, and I give
props to anyone willing to dig into their own machine work; but don’t throw out digs at Proven products with your homemade stuff and expect everyone join along.

these kids would be any ls1 guys with aftermarket poweradders/heads/cam/intake/suspension/blah blah… that are slower than john. i didnt say that his home port job was anyway better than afr/trickflow/epts/… but whatever hes doing works and is proven. hes beating cars that ’ he shouldnt’ and hangin with cars that should ‘crush him’. its not hard to see the big picture here. if i had an ls1 i know exactly who id be talking to and picking his brain.

ive knew john before you were even a member of ubrf. hes not lying about what his car has and what it does. he doesnt have too. he posts the specs, times, power, results, everything and anything. i give him all the credit in the world for what he does and how he does it.

:tup: johnny air box, keep crushing fools