some pics/vid of my bimmer w/updates(56k no way)

looks good :tup:

fixed

some intersting updates coming up within the next few weeks. stay tuned people.:wink:

great build. thumbs up!

Shits slow and ugly… wait thats mine damnit.

The headlight switch is so similar to Ford’s switch. I was always curious about your build didn’t know this thread existed. Solid. :tup:

:tup:

thanks guys. Not sure if i posted this before but here is the vid of when i went 10.6 @ 135mph with a ultra sexy (to me atleast lol) 1.5 60ft.

however this is how she sits right now.

I have 80lb inj sitting here. Just waiting on some ev1-ev6 inj adapters then she will be ready for mo powa.:slight_smile:

i still love the giggle, car is dope. Keep up the good work.

<3 this car. :tup:

whos doing the body work ???!!!

Car looks great as always

one of my coworkers owns a collision shop

good stuff…

i see you have an ebay intercooler like myself. there is no possible way you went 10.6 @ 136 with a POS ebay intercooler :stuck_out_tongue:

:tup: Always did like this car, John.

I guess i should update the thread since there will be a whole lots of changes this winter.

Over the year my bmw had a bunch of changes. Im updating here to try to keep everything in one thread.

after i recieved the car back from paint here was the finished result.

After i finaly got it back from paint i went to the dyno for moar power.

The boost was turned up to 30ish psi and we made some good power but torque was lacking due to the stock m52 cams. The bump in the gragh was the overboost protect engaging since i forgot to change the settings.

this power was short lived since i shortly after ran the car low on gas and ended up making a custom rod.lol

Soooo, i decided to throw it back together one last time with a stock rod/piston again. This time i added some s52 m3 cams and the difference was huge.

sorry no vids of these runs. we were in a hurry to get to the track which didnt happen either. Everything on the dyno was perfect but we realy had to push the EBC to get the desired boost pressure on the dyno so when we got off the dyno we scaled it back some to compensate load but wasnt enough. So after a few 32+psi pulls and somewhat lean passes trying to dial it in the afr the motor let go again. This time it was severe failure in cyl 1. All other cyl were fine.

what would appear to be supre lean cyl 1 piston. After further inspection it was determined that the fuel rail was the cause of failure. The cyl 1 inj hole in the rail is severly blocked by the shrader/bleeder valve thats located on the very end of the rail. Poor design on bmw’s part but i doubt they took what im doing into consideration.:smiley:

So here i am now with the car torn apart and the motor getting built and stroked to a 3.0liter.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/turbociv/downsized_1029090221.jpg

In the mean time i decided to reinforce my subframe which can be a issue to some people. Id like to point out the even with 125k miles and a TON of abuse my subframe body mounts were in perfect condition minus some rust. I am currently layed off from work so im trying to keep everything as cheep as possible so i decided to make my own reinforcement plates ($100 at bmw) outta some 1/8 plate steel i had laying around.

Id like to add that i am not a professional welder and i do not pretend to be.lol And on that note welding upside down on the ground sucks balls.

And finaly some powder coated control arm parts since powder is cheap. Subframe didnt fit in oven so it got a fresh coat of paint instead.

anyhow, ill have some pics of my extensive engine build soon since my motor should be back from machine shop this week.:slight_smile:

enjoy.

Awesome work as always. I love this car.

<3 this car.

looks like fun man

Car keeps getting better as time goes by.